Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Orca Bay Mystery Quilt-Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/orca-bay-mystery-quilt-along-t168935.html)

SheriR 12-05-2011 09:26 PM

WooHoo! Finished sewing step one!! Maybe I can press/square/post a pic tomorrow. :)

<3 coyote. You're still my inspiration so keep on trucking. :)

yayaquilts 12-05-2011 11:01 PM

I finished my decorating, except for a couple of things. So I had time late this afternoon and I think I have all the squares for Part 3 cut....not sure when I'll be sewing, yet. Still need to do some cleaning, take back a couple of things and start my gift wrapping!

Way to go sheriR for completing part 1!!

islandwiz1 12-07-2011 06:21 AM

Good morning to my fellow quilters! I have 150 HST done now. Where is everyone? Sewing I guess. Chat later.
Carolyn

debbiewi 12-07-2011 06:52 AM

I finished part 3 last nite......I am ready for part 4.......can't wait til friday

Caroline S 12-07-2011 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by islandwiz1 (Post 4759268)
Good morning to my fellow quilters! I have 150 HST done now. Where is everyone? Sewing I guess. Chat later.
Carolyn

We are still here. I am still working on #1, I think I have about 50 more QSTs to go. If only the people, dog-people and chicken people around didn't have to eat I would be on #3. Can't wait to get to #2, should be much quicker and much more fun.

Emma S 12-07-2011 07:33 AM

Done with #3. Really excited to see part four. Wonder if the second color will be used.

yayaquilts 12-07-2011 07:51 AM

Still doing a little at a time. I have a few of each part done and a handful of HST done. "Life during the holidays" has gotten in the way of my sewing...... Tested sewing one square and discovered I needed to sew a very scant 1/4"-guess I should have cut the squares at 2 1/2" rather than 2 1/4", but glad I can make them work so I don't have to recut for 350 HST.

alderdweller 12-07-2011 08:04 AM

I'll be glad when I get through the strippy part. for some reason, that is the least enjoyable part to me.

lakekids 12-07-2011 08:29 AM

Hi, everyone. I had forgotten about this board - glad I found you. I am also doing the Orca Bay mystery. It is also my first time participating in one of Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilts - although I have saved instructions for several of them.

I decided not to worry whether or not I get each step done during the week. Between work, overtime for work, my son's high school basketball season, and life in general, I can't be sure how much time I will have to sew.

Instead my goal is just to do as many of possible of each step as we go. I have about 80 of the QST triangles done for step 1. I managed to complete all of the string blocks. So far I have about 60 of the HST triangles sewed and another 60 cut.

I am using orange (instead of red), purple (instead of black), and aqua/turquoise for the blue.

JeanieG 12-07-2011 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by lakekids (Post 4759684)
Hi, everyone. I had forgotten about this board - glad I found you. I am also doing the Orca Bay mystery. It is also my first time participating in one of Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilts - although I have saved instructions for several of them.

I decided not to worry whether or not I get each step done during the week. Between work, overtime for work, my son's high school basketball season, and life in general, I can't be sure how much time I will have to sew.

Instead my goal is just to do as many of possible of each step as we go. I have about 80 of the QST triangles done for step 1. I managed to complete all of the string blocks. So far I have about 60 of the HST triangles sewed and another 60 cut.

I am using orange (instead of red), purple (instead of black), and aqua/turquoise for the blue.

Glad your joining us here lakekids! We will enjoy seeing your progress.