Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Orca Bay Mystery Quilt-Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/orca-bay-mystery-quilt-along-t168935.html)

SheriR 01-03-2012 09:26 AM

Love your colors echo. And glad your safe and all.

islandwiz1 01-03-2012 05:23 PM

Echoemb, Your quilt is beautiful. I will also do another one with Bonnie. It was alot of work but well worth it when we get to see all our colors blend so nicely together.
Emma S , Thank you. Please post yours when you can

Carolyn

candi 01-03-2012 05:27 PM

Echo, I LOVE the yellow, great quilt.

I worked on mine for a bit today, adding wings and cutting some squares for the Ohio stars. Can't wait for Friday, I am off all day and planning on quilting and more quilting, woo hoo.

alderdweller 01-03-2012 06:29 PM

After some more work and slowing down, reworking, unsewing, ect....I have figured out the problem. Me!!!
lol.
I just "thought" I was making quarter inch seams. Now that I finally am...well things are coming together. :)
Still having some problems with the points, but even those are improving.
I've learned A LOT with this quilt!

cabbagepatchkid 01-03-2012 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by alderdweller (Post 4835391)
Ayyye yiiiieeee yieeeeee!
So I've done quite a bit of sewing on orca bay, though I'm far from done. I've started trying to piece it together and I'm starting to think I'm too dumb to do points. Good grief. Nothing is lining up for me. I am really REALLY trying to do quarter inch seams. The points are being cut off....some of my blocks (particularly pt 7) isn't measuring right.
I'm to the point of frustration with it :(

Quite a few people, on the Quiltville Yahoo Group, are also having troubles with that....if it makes you feel any better :rolleyes:. I'm not sure if they have figured out where the problem lies. Do you belong to that group? Maybe they will have some answers for you.

alderdweller 01-03-2012 06:41 PM

No, but thanks for reminding me. I actually was going to apply to join the group earlier and got busy and forgot about it.

alderdweller 01-03-2012 06:45 PM

Ummm ok, now I know I've lost it. I went over to the yahoo group to join and found I'm already a member. Apparently I joined and forgot about it. I think I need a break ;)

cabbagepatchkid 01-03-2012 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by alderdweller (Post 4839571)
Ummm ok, now I know I've lost it. I went over to the yahoo group to join and found I'm already a member. Apparently I joined and forgot about it. I think I need a break ;)

:D :D :D :D Some people have posted pics of their finished tops. My favorite is the one by "Nettie in PA". It is stunning!

brookemarie19 01-04-2012 06:01 PM

I love how everyones color combinations are looking. I am hoping to get to work on this next week as I am out of time until this weekend.

I know this is off subject but has anyone looked at the mystery BOM from sentimental stitches and dear Jane called just takes 2? I am planning on doing this one and am talking to a few others on here about doing a quilt along together like this one and thought maybe I would let u guys know about it too.

COYOTEMAGIC 01-04-2012 06:49 PM

Echo, your colors are incredible!!