Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Orca Bay Mystery Quilt-Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/orca-bay-mystery-quilt-along-t168935.html)

pjnesler 01-12-2012 10:19 AM

Happy Happy me! Today it's snowing ( that doesn't make me happy) and I'm working away on my Orca Bay! I've gotten the center all sewn together. Inner border is sewn together and I've gotten the sides sewn to the quilt - needed to take a lunch break and check the board. The top and bottom inner border will be sewn on next, then I'll see about the that outer border. The blocks for it are made and ironed but not squared up yet - I think I'll see the end of it soon! I really like Bonnies colors, I wish I had been keeping track of the hours I put into it!

candi 01-12-2012 01:29 PM

Woo hoo for you! Awesome progress, I can't wait to see it all done.

No snow here, lol, but I worked on my quilt for a couple of hours this morning, all my wings are finally done for my blocks (not for the border though) and everything else is cut, will be sewing flying geese and Ohio Stars tomorrow.

islandwiz1 01-12-2012 06:30 PM

Hi ladies, just stopped in to see if anyone put any pictures up yet. I haven't worked on mine since I put it on my display wall. Everyone that comes in loves the colors. I hope when I am able to start sewing it together it will fit together nicely.
Carolyn

pjnesler 01-12-2012 07:08 PM

Orca Bay Top COMPLETE!!!!

2 Attachment(s)
Here it is! I just finished sewing on the borders - THE most complicated quilt I've ever done, and love the pattern! I'm so glad Bonnie came up with this mystery quilt for us to enjoy, I never would have done a quilt this complicated if she hadn't. Along with the pattern, and her giving such good instructions for the rulers she uses and everything I've read on the Quilting Board this past year, it's been a great learning experience! Can't wait to see everyone else post theirs - I'm not sure if I'll do the quilting or send it out to be done.... I think I'll need some quotes on how much that would cost.

JeanieG 01-12-2012 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by pjnesler (Post 4869370)
Here it is! I just finished sewing on the borders - THE most complicated quilt I've ever done, and love the pattern! I'm so glad Bonnie came up with this mystery quilt for us to enjoy, I never would have done a quilt this complicated if she hadn't. Along with the pattern, and her giving such good instructions for the rulers she uses and everything I've read on the Quilting Board this past year, it's been a great learning experience! Can't wait to see everyone else post theirs - I'm not sure if I'll do the quilting or send it out to be done.... I think I'll need some quotes on how much that would cost.

That is just gorgeous! I'm sewing mine together right now, may be a few days until I'm done. It is in the same colors as yours.

Havplenty 01-12-2012 09:36 PM

woo hoo for you!!!! you hung in there and finished your top and it is quite striking. you did a wonderful job with all of those itty bitty pieces.

Originally Posted by pjnesler (Post 4869370)
Here it is! I just finished sewing on the borders - THE most complicated quilt I've ever done, and love the pattern!

candi 01-13-2012 04:49 AM

Awesome! Quite striking. Doesn't it feel great?:o

brookemarie19 01-13-2012 05:49 AM

That quilt is beautiful!!
I have made a little more progress on mine as well. I have finished sewing my red strings! I hope to get them all cut during nap time today as I can't get too much done when I'm potty training lol.
I also have a few BOM that I am doing on the Internet that I need to do before the month is over. Man this potty grainy is putting a crimp on things lol

Emma S 01-13-2012 08:31 AM

PJ, just gorgeous. I am doing step 7 & 8 together. About half way done with attaching the wings to the strings and the stars. I have a new machine and am finding the going much faster than with my old machine.

Caroline S 01-13-2012 08:53 AM

Still working on part 7. Uggg. For the life of me I can't get those units to measure 6.5 x 3.5. Yes, I trimmed the triangles. I will keep fooling with them until I get the right size. Jack (the ripper) and I are going to spend some quality time together today.