Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Penny Haren's "Pieced Applique "... 1 block a week begins January 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/penny-harens-%22pieced-applique-%22-1-block-week-begins-january-2011-a-t77062.html)

Obsessed 02-19-2011 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Jupiter
March 6th is our next "Catch Up" week. I think we should each post one photo that has all of our blocks together. THAT would be fun to see!

hugs, Jupiter

Great idea! I'd love to see that too!

Deecee 02-19-2011 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Jupiter
March 6th is our next "Catch Up" week. I think we should each post one photo that has all of our blocks together. THAT would be fun to see!

hugs, Jupiter

Sounds good :thumbup:

Cuddly Quilter 02-19-2011 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Deecee
I have been home from work today waiting for a shower screen to be installed. It is 3.30 p.m. and no sign of anyone as yet! :thumbdown:

On the good side though, I have spent the day sewing my block, Rosellen's Cross.

I have to say that I did not particularly like the pic of Penny H's block in the book, but after seeing Obsessed's different choice of fabrics and thinking about my choices, I have now decided it wasn't the block as much as Penny's choice of fabrics that didn't appeal.

Here is my Rosellen's Cross.

My book has just arrived so I AM WAY BEHIND and have not yet received my fabrics - takes 5 weeks to arrive in SA grrrrr.
Your fabric is stunning - well done - making me very envious you all are. ;) I will be following way behind you all and taking in all the tips.

Deecee 02-19-2011 11:09 PM

Hi Cuddly Quilter - I also started out behind as I was waiting for my fabric and book to come from the U.S. but once you get started it won't take long to catch up.

Jupiter's schedule includes catch up weeks which will be of help to you also. I am hand appliquing and find between cutting, glueing and stitching I can get a lot of this done of an evening while watching T.V. with DH. You can also familiarise yourself with the process and the block patterns as you have the book now so you are ready to go when your fabric arrives.

I look forward to seeing pics of your fabrics when you receive them.

P.S. Just love your avatar - it looks like an Aussie gecko to me.

jacquie 02-20-2011 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by keelybird57
Everyone has such pretty blocks! Here's mine.

keely, that's stunning!! i love your colours & fabrics...

i've only had chance to make the first block up to now, i was finishing 2 rows for the row robin i was in, i may be able to catch up with you gals now!!

Obsessed 02-20-2011 05:49 PM

OK - Sunday is almost over and here's the SHOCKER.... I don't have my block done yet! I've got the pieces cut, but I've had other things on my plate this week, so I'll be stitching as the week goes on.

Just wanted to say hi, and wish you all a happy weekend - even though it's almost over...

quilts4fun 02-20-2011 07:13 PM

Just wanted to stop by and tell you all how awesome you are doing. Your blocks are all beautiful. I have my computer fixed now and will be able to post pictures again soon. I have to figure out how to use my new system....(may take a few days) not the brightest when it comes to these things.

Keep up the great work everyone.

Deecee 02-20-2011 11:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Obsessed
OK - Sunday is almost over and here's the SHOCKER.... I don't have my block done yet! I've got the pieces cut, but I've had other things on my plate this week, so I'll be stitching as the week goes on.

Just wanted to say hi, and wish you all a happy weekend - even though it's almost over...

I am shocked :shock: I was waiting for your post.

Seeing someone else has to be first - here's mine:

P.S. It's Monday p.m. here so I have had a bit more time than everyone else. :-D

Advanced Liberty Star
[ATTACH=CONFIG]127910[/ATTACH]

Obsessed 02-21-2011 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by Deecee
I am shocked :shock: I was waiting for your post.

Seeing someone else has to be first - here's mine:

P.S. It's Monday p.m. here so I have had a bit more time than everyone else. :-D

:mrgreen:

Your star looks so perfect! Awesome block!

I got my star appliqued down last night, so I'll be doing the rings today and hopefully posting my picture tonight - so I won't be too far behind you...

Deecee 02-21-2011 04:36 AM

Can't wait to see..