Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Penny Haren's "Pieced Applique "... 1 block a week begins January 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/penny-harens-%22pieced-applique-%22-1-block-week-begins-january-2011-a-t77062.html)

Obsessed 06-19-2011 06:34 PM

Great job Deecee! Love the fussy-cut center.

Irene V 06-20-2011 07:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Nice snowflakes, ladies. I don't think this block is as beautiful as the others we've made, looks kind of plain in comparison but, oh well... Here's mine:

Deecee 06-20-2011 01:56 PM

Great job Irene.

I do agree about feeling the block was a little ho-hum in comparison with some of the others though. I was thinking I should have used a more exciting background fabric. Just thought it though - don't intend redoing it.

Irene V 06-20-2011 02:36 PM

I agree with you, Deecee. It might not be our prettiest or fanciest block, but I'm going with it and not re-doing, haha.

Difergie 06-20-2011 04:01 PM

Am just surfing through the site..what beautiful work. I just ordered the book and just hope my squares look half as good as ya'lls. Inspiring!

Obsessed 06-20-2011 07:27 PM

Nice Irene! Let's not think of this block as boring, let's think of it as restful. Your blue is especially cool and peaceful looking. Here's vote number three for not doing anything over. I always remind myself that each block is just a small part of my future wall-hanging. As a whole, our quilts will be stunning and very visually interesting. A couple plain-Jane blocks won't change that and will give our eyes a place to rest for a while.

Difergie - please post some pictures when you get the chance to start your blocks. I'm sure we'd all love to see them!

Deecee 06-20-2011 08:05 PM

Difergie - by all means post pics here when you start your blocks or even show us your fabric selection. We love seeing everyone's fabrics.

Jupiter 06-22-2011 07:03 AM

I have my this week block done and also my next week block. I'll try to post photos after I get the paper out and press them.

I seem to be working in jerky starts and stops. The thing is that I am working on 5 quilts at once. Not the greatest way to get anything finished. I keep promising myself that I won't start anything else until I get a couple projects finished.... but that may be several weeks away!

Summer was slow starting here in Bakersfield California, but yesterday, the 1st day of Summer, we hit 104*, and are expecting 106* today. I think it is here!

Had a new air conditioner unit installed yesterday, and now our house is so cool. Between that and the swimming pool, this promises to be a very nice Summer.

hugs, Jupiter

Obsessed 06-22-2011 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Jupiter
I have my this week block done and also my next week block. I'll try to post photos after I get the paper out and press them.

I seem to be working in jerky starts and stops. The thing is that I am working on 5 quilts at once. Not the greatest way to get anything finished. I keep promising myself that I won't start anything else until I get a couple projects finished.... but that may be several weeks away!

Summer was slow starting here in Bakersfield California, but yesterday, the 1st day of Summer, we hit 104*, and are expecting 106* today. I think it is here!

Had a new air conditioner unit installed yesterday, and now our house is so cool. Between that and the swimming pool, this promises to be a very nice Summer.

hugs, Jupiter

Thank goodness for new air conditioning! Can't wait to see your blocks Jupiter!

Deecee 06-22-2011 12:43 PM

Oh, send me some sunshine please.

5 degrees celcius (41 F.) this morning. Raining here and wind blowing off the snow on the mountains.