Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Penny Haren's "Pieced Applique "... 1 block a week begins January 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/penny-harens-%22pieced-applique-%22-1-block-week-begins-january-2011-a-t77062.html)

Irene V 06-22-2011 01:48 PM

OMG, Deecee. 103 degrees farenheit here. I'll definitely send sunshine your way! Where are you? I'm from Texas but visiting in California right now.

Deecee 06-22-2011 02:11 PM

Irene shove some of that sunshine in a bag and hop on a plane to Australia. We are in the middle of winter here and I am cold to the bone.

Irene V 06-23-2011 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Deecee
Irene shove some of that sunshine in a bag and hop on a plane to Australia. We are in the middle of winter here and I am cold to the bone.

Oh, I wish I could send you some sunshine. Instead, how about joining a Christmas Mug Rug Swap? The person sponsoring it is from Australia and freezing just like you are.

http://christmasquiltingblockswapsau...-rug-swap.html

Deecee 06-23-2011 01:19 PM

Irene, that looks like a fun swap.

I wish I had more time for all the lovely projects out there but I must try and concentrate on finishing up what I have on the go....I must.....I must.....

Unfortunately, or I should say fortunately, I am a painter as well, so that means double the UFO's plus two grandbabies on the way this year.

I need to give up work so I have more time to play with fabric, paint and babies.

Jupiter 06-24-2011 11:00 PM

I wish I could share my sunshine with you all. After several days in the 105-108 range, we've cooled off a bit... back into the mid 90's for the next few days. I love the heat... translate that to read "I love to swim!" lol

DeeCee, what kind of painting do you do? I used to tole paint, but gave that up 10 years ago. I painted 3 wall murals in acrylics. Now I claim to be working in watercolor. Truth is that I am collecting watercolor items... very little paint actually hitting the paper. Some day....soon?

hugs, Jup

Irene, that looks like a fun swap.

I wish I had more time for all the lovely projects out there but I must try and concentrate on finishing up what I have on the go....I must.....I must.....

Unfortunately, or I should say fortunately, I am a painter as well, so that means double the UFO's plus two grandbabies on the way this year.

I need to give up work so I have more time to play with fabric, paint and babies.

Deecee 06-24-2011 11:43 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I paint in acrylics - on anything. Started out doing tole painting, now I teach a "decorative art" class, which is in that limbo land between folk art and fine painting. I must admit I love watercolours to look at - and have even bought a couple - but that style just doesn't seem to come off my brush.

Lots of people don't quite get what decorative art encompasses so here are a couple of my paintings.

Excuse me for highjacking PH's thread for a minute:

Lily Lady - framed painting on wood
[ATTACH=CONFIG]216284[/ATTACH]

Zebras - framed painting on cardstock
[ATTACH=CONFIG]216285[/ATTACH]

Bush Roses - wooden platter
[ATTACH=CONFIG]216286[/ATTACH]

Irene V 06-25-2011 04:40 AM

I paint in acrylics - on anything. Started out doing tole painting, now I teach a "decorative art" class, which is in that limbo land between folk art and fine painting. I must admit I love watercolours to look at - and have even bought a couple - but that style just doesn't seem to come off my brush.

Lots of people don't quite get what decorative art encompasses so here are a couple of my paintings.

Excuse me for highjacking PH's thread for a minute:

Oh Deecee, you are so creative. Your quilt blocks are beautiful and then you do this wonderful painting. I am so impressed. I do not think I'd ever be able to paint anything as beautiful, or paint anything even. WTG, Lady!

Deecee 06-25-2011 05:08 AM

Why, thank you ma'am. :oops:

We are all creative in some way. Arty crafty stuff just happens to be my thing.

Deecee 06-25-2011 05:08 AM

Double post - sorry.

Jupiter 06-25-2011 09:32 AM

2 Attachment(s)
DeeCee your painting makes me wish I could take your class! I'll try to post a couple of my waqtercolor paintings, if I can find them in my computer...lol

hugs, Marilyn

Boat House
[ATTACH=CONFIG]216412[/ATTACH]

My Retirement Plan. The light spot is a glare on the glass. Frame is covered with sand from Hawaii.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]216445[/ATTACH]