Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Pony Club Thread 3 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/pony-club-thread-3-a-t311462.html)

dublb 09-10-2020 03:54 AM

OH OK! I Loove 'em! Especially the rail fence! :)

QuiltingNinaSue 09-10-2020 05:17 AM

Great finishes, OK. Love the colors you used. Maybe I can finish some of mine. Cold weather is continuing here, and rain. Down to 46 Tuesday morning. Early fall coming, with snow across the plains.

QuiltingNinaSue 09-10-2020 05:18 AM

Love all the eye candy. Cool weather here and wet. We have bean soup on the stove.

JeanieG 09-20-2020 11:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture of the Farmers Wife Homestead Medallion Quilt on my display wall. I am caught up for this week, but as you can see, I am running out of room on my display wall. Once this section is completed, I won't have room for the next round. These blocks are really hard and some have so many pieces! A few are really wonky, but I am not doing them over!

QuiltingNinaSue 09-20-2020 12:05 PM

Wow, that is very impressive, Jeanie. I am printing off the excellent work I see here, so I have a referral to guide me, or make I will substitute my choice of block instead!

carriem 09-20-2020 12:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you for sharing Jeanie! I was able to get my round done for the Round Robin I am in...did some very simple PP'd blocks to see how that felt...still not ready for all the small pieces of the FW blocks. Yours is looking good. I like the color palette you chose.

Here is a pic of the only sewing I did in the last month...sorry for the bad lighting! I had 3 lights go out in my track lighting and of course no bulbs! All bright in my room now, but I have mailed this on to the next person....

JeanieG 09-20-2020 02:31 PM

Those colors are great also Carrie!

I am just following the colors that Laurie Hird used. There are so many blocks, and I had so many of these colors in my stash, that I just basically follow her colors. I did have to buy some of the pinks and golds, as I did not have many in those shades, and find I need some more of them.

sewbizgirl 09-20-2020 03:11 PM

Your blocks look great from here, Jeanie. That's going to be such a beautiful quilt!

Ditto, Carrie. We are nearing the end of the Round Robin. Only two more rounds and the robins will fly home.

dublb 09-20-2020 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by carriem (Post 8419283)
Thank you for sharing Jeanie! I was able to get my round done for the Round Robin I am in...did some very simple PP'd blocks to see how that felt...still not ready for all the small pieces of the FW blocks. Yours is looking good. I like the color palette you chose.

Here is a pic of the only sewing I did in the last month...sorry for the bad lighting! I had 3 lights go out in my track lighting and of course no bulbs! All bright in my room now, but I have mailed this on to the next person....

Originally Posted by JeanieG (Post 8419269)
Here is a picture of the Farmers Wife Homestead Medallion Quilt on my display wall. I am caught up for this week, but as you can see, I am running out of room on my display wall. Once this section is completed, I won't have room for the next round. These blocks are really hard and some have so many pieces! A few are really wonky, but I am not doing them over!

Well both of ya'll's quilts are just lovely!!!!

givio 09-20-2020 07:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Jeanie, that FW quilt you've got going has a nice vintage look. The sampler quilts are so much more effort than a quilt with all the blocks the same. Keep going, don't quit!

The only sewing I've been doing lately is the Round Robin. If you haven't read that thread, here's the last one I did-- I set the center with it's previous 2 rounds on point. I really like this top! You can't see all the little calicos and KT print fabrics until you have it in person-- so darling!