Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Quilts for Rosie - Weekly Paper Pieced Sampler Quilt Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/quilts-rosie-weekly-paper-pieced-sampler-quilt-along-t192335.html)

Purl 10-29-2012 07:52 AM

Block #9

1 Attachment(s)
Wasn't this a fun block? I am trying to decide how to quilt these tiny 4" squares. Some of the seams are so thick! Bernie II is starting to groan when she sees me coming.
Purl

janRN 10-29-2012 01:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nice, bright block, Purl, and so well done.

Here are mine for this week:[ATTACH=CONFIG]373342[/ATTACH]

carriem 10-29-2012 01:55 PM

No blocks yet for me, but I have enjoyed seeing what you've all made...thanks for sharing. :) Maybe by the end of the week I will have last week and this one's finished...had to get a couple projects done for other people.

jtquilts 10-30-2012 03:30 AM

Patti is home from her sisters and had to jump right in to working. I am battling shingles and just plain don't care right now! I know this will change and I will catch up. Am loving the pictures you post!

janRN 10-30-2012 04:54 AM

Purl, re your comment on the thick seams--yes, my machine cringes at times, too. I've found that when joining the sections together, I remove the paper in the seam allowance before sewing together and then after sewing I press those seams open. It creates a lot less bulk. If it's a star center with all those points coming together I press those open, too, after I remove all the paper. Hope this helps.

Purl 10-30-2012 07:46 AM

Hi Jan- yup, I do the same thing. Live in fear someone will see the back side! My Bernina has quilting software and I am thinking of doing quilting motifs in varigated thread. Black would just be icky. I have a rejected block, much worse than my humility block, to test this on. Then we will see if Bernie II is up to the task.
Purl

almond 10-31-2012 06:25 AM

Hi guys, I got home from the retreat at West Union Iowa. What great place. Lots of fun. I got 5 blocks done but didn't get a picture of them before we left for Florida, so will have to wait to see them when we get back in December. Of course I will be keeping an eye on this thread to see how everyone is doing.

Patricia Faye 10-31-2012 06:39 AM

Mary, have a nice long visit & happy holidays in Florida. Will be looking forward to seeing your pictures when you return.

janRN, love the fabric you used for your blocks.

Purl, your blocks are so bright & cheery!

We are going to be seeing some beautiful quilts!

Krisb 10-31-2012 05:33 PM

Another open seam presser. And sometimes not only are they pressed open, but some of the excess fabric gets tri med away. They stay so much flatter this way.

Krisb 10-31-2012 05:36 PM

Another open seam presser. And sometimes not only are they pressed open, but some of the excess fabric gets tri med away. They stay so much flatter this way. Tomorrow I finish cleaning the house, and works at theology for three hours. Friday I have a bridge lesson to give at noonish and then pack the car. Up early on Saturday--hope to be in Palm Harbor by dinner time.