Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The "sye" spike your english bom...november (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/sye-spike-your-english-bom-november-t233899.html)

Honchey 12-17-2013 03:33 PM

GGal,I agree with Jan, I love the combinations..red/white/blk. always one of my favorites...

Just a little notice...I'll be posting the numbers for January next week right after Christmas...

JeanieG 12-17-2013 04:05 PM

OMG, Gardnergal, those are really beautiful! I can see a red/white/black quilt in the future for myself!

QuiltingNinaSue 12-17-2013 04:14 PM

Well done, GardenGal and I love your 'family picture' of the all the blocks together. You really having striking blocks, well done with color and excellent job on the blocks. The red and black makes it very striking indeed.

mirabelle 12-17-2013 08:15 PM

I echo what everybody has said GGal, they are awesome, made me want to try a red/black and white quilt so that is what I am aiming at with the 50 Stars. You inspired me

dublb 12-17-2013 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by gardnergal970 (Post 6461312)
Here are my November blocks [ATTACH=CONFIG]452175[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]452176[/ATTACH]Then a group shot, some with borders. I won't add any more borders until I arrive at the final placement. [ATTACH=CONFIG]452177[/ATTACH]

OH! Oh GGal!!!! They are just breathtakin'! They just keep gittin' better'n'better!:thumbup:

gardnergal970 12-18-2013 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by mirabelle (Post 6461885)
I echo what everybody has said GGal, they are awesome, made me want to try a red/black and white quilt so that is what I am aiming at with the 50 Stars. You inspired me

I would never have considered a black/red/white quilt if it hadn't been for GrannyQ and SueRN requesting that for their mystery blocks and I did have an abundance of red. What a group we have, huh?

Thanks for the rest of your kind words.

QuiltingNinaSue 12-18-2013 06:17 AM

MMmmmm, SueRN? Must be JanRN. The three children we raised were often laughing at me, for I would start off to call one of them and run though all three names before hitting the right one...and one was the boy, the other two girls. That is what I got for naming all of them with the 'S' or the "S' sound...I did work with schools whose colors were red and black most of my career...including the one I graduated from in high school...but I prefer blues and bright colors, seldom use black, until last few years.

I do enjoy looking at the lovely way you all use the Red, Black and White colors in your blocks...and do it sooo well. Sigh. I have learned so much from the rest of you.

gardnergal970 12-19-2013 05:26 AM

QNS...you got my but like my kids, you knew who I meant....JanRN.

dublb 12-19-2013 07:55 AM

ROTFLOL! I too always called my kids by the wrong name.

Honchey 12-19-2013 08:45 AM

My son gets tired of me calling him Carolyn:D