Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The "SYE" Spike Your English BOM Quilt-Along - October (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/sye-spike-your-english-bom-quilt-along-october-t231508.html)

dublb 10-23-2013 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by roserips (Post 6364323)
dublb you are the most awesome cheer leader thank-you for all of the encouragement.

(blushin') Your welcome. That's what I'm here for on this ride. :)

dutchie 10-24-2013 12:59 AM

Love the black, Roma! Very pretty!

Sue

mirabelle 10-24-2013 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by gardnergal970 (Post 6363633)
What a palette of colors and designs. You would think that we were using a different pattern the way the colors change the appearance! Rose rips, your stars are bold and beautiful, no doubt of them being there. Jeanie and Jill, some of your points float like I'm doing mine and now it changes the look.
Jeanie I agree that there is a lot of fabric in some of the seams. Maybe Mirabelle will have some tips on quilting them so we don't break a needle.

Thank you for the vote of confidence GGal regarding the quilting. I haven't thought that far ahead, maybe if I keep staring at them on the design wall inspiration will hit me (probably like a sledgehammer, what was I thinking):D:D

Roma Bauder 10-24-2013 08:31 AM

Thanks dutchie

QuiltingNinaSue 10-24-2013 09:25 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Finally, my eye straightened up a bit and I finished putting together Diamonds all around:[ATTACH=CONFIG]442974[/ATTACH] and all together they look like this:[ATTACH=CONFIG]442975[/ATTACH] My November will be late, in fact I probably will not see the first ones posted until later...making it that more special to see the 'eye' candy at a later date. If you look real close at Diamonds all around, you can see I changed my mind in the center circle and appliqued the 'patch' on top of the original color I had there by stitching very close to the edge on the matching color to the diamonds. That change was more pleasing to my eye.

JeanieG 10-24-2013 10:49 AM

OH QNS, that is just beautiful! I just love those colors (three of the colors of the new Bonnie Hunter Mystery = LOL).

roserips 10-24-2013 12:40 PM

I have my block 5 done and waiting patiently (not) to post that picture. Working on the Tiger stripe that should be really interesting to see what we all do with that one!

dublb 10-24-2013 01:54 PM

Wow Sue, Oh Wow! Just wonderful! Ya hit another one outta the park!:thumbup:

DogHouseMom 10-24-2013 03:38 PM

Hello all!! I've been away for a while ... getting a tan in Jamaica :)

The blocks are all lovely!!!

I wasn't crazy about the designs of either Diamonds All Around or Loosey Goosey and since I'm not making all of the blocks I had decided to hold off on these two. Depending on how I like the remainder of the blocks that are coming, I may or may not make these two.

But I wanted to check in lest you forget me :) and tell you all the blocks are all coming out GREAT!!

grannyQ 10-24-2013 06:22 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I really like all of the spike blocks shown, very pretty and different views of the same blocks. Finally getting to be able to do some sewing and have finished mine for this month.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]443037[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]443038[/ATTACH]
Now all 4 together, not a very good picture
[ATTACH=CONFIG]443039[/ATTACH]
Hope to get back to getting more sewing done.
Good luck to you next week Nina Sue, sure hope everything goes well for you. Will send up some extra prayers for you.