Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   TheFWSPony Quilt-Along Wk 31 NorthCarolina Beauty & Next DoorNeighbor Discussion Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/thefwspony-quilt-along-wk-31-northcarolina-beauty-next-doorneighbor-discussion-page-t196991.html)

janRN 08-10-2012 01:42 PM

QNS, thanks for the updated pics of your guinea hens. Now I recognize what they are. Years ago my sister had guinea hens on her property (she's not a city gal like me). They would sit on branches in the trees and swoop down on you when you walked under. She also had 2 geese that scared the cr** out of me. They'd sneak up behind you and bite you on the butt!! I'd leave there with black and blue marks on my behind; try explaining that to the doc when you go for your Pap smear!! I'll stick to the city thank you very much.

dublb 08-10-2012 02:28 PM

:D Oh my! I can see the DR. sayin' "OH really????????"

JeanieG 08-10-2012 03:14 PM

QuiltE - :D:D:D:D

QuiltingNinaSue 08-11-2012 11:50 AM

5 Attachment(s)
How funny now, JanRN; of course it was not then. [ATTACH=CONFIG]354948[/ATTACH]With my good friend, Susan J. and dh in his kilt, holding the "gone fishing' quilt that is 108 long and 96 inches wide...she bound it for me last night so all 3 are ready to 'gift' next week. Along the top are squares within a square, the bottom is Bear's paw depicting the sea turtles to the mountains, with two having fishing tackle gear...broken canoes or Iowa Star is along the side, along with brush and trees present around every pond and lake in the state.[ATTACH=CONFIG]354949[/ATTACH] And along the top:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]354950[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]354951[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]354952[/ATTACH]flying eagles and cabin in the woods. I am sooo glad to have finished all three in the last month!!!

JeanieG 08-11-2012 02:47 PM

Oh awesome quilt, QNS! What a lot of work, but so worth while! I am sure the recipients will just love them.

mirabelle 08-12-2012 03:09 AM

Nice to hear from you QuiltE, keep popping in when you can.

QNS what a beautiful quilt, so much thought has gone into it I am sure it will be treasured for many years

gardnergal970 08-12-2012 05:00 AM

JanR...so you've been inoculated and have complete immunity from country living? Glad you don't mind country talk though and that you're riding along with us.

Honchey 08-12-2012 08:10 AM

A looong time ago we frequently visited my aunt & uncle who raised chickens & fruit trees.. My sisters and I enjoyed watching the rooster chase my mother all over the back yard...She was the only one the rooster chased...I remember going to the basement to get the peach preserves to make stove top pies made with white bread, butter & peaches..we used a contraption that you would hold over the stove burner waiting for the breaqd to toast....sisters and I slept 3 to a bed...me in the middle...with the jars of lightning bugs glowing in the dark...Ahhh...remembering the "good Old Days". H.

dublb 08-12-2012 05:14 PM

QNS you have been on a roll!!!!!! I really love this quilt.

oksewglad 08-17-2012 10:07 AM

As usual QNS is at her classic wonderful fabric choices. Fun to see the age progression of the little guineas too.