Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/welcome-aboard-mystery-quilt-train-never-too-late-join-ride-t180032.html)

yayaquilts 04-03-2012 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Oksewnsew (Post 5113235)
Go for it Marytodd, close enuff, and if you don't tell anyone, they'll think it was done on purpose.. :thumbup:

Agreed!! Stand back and squint your eyes. It will flow together, and it is a design decision!

irishrose 04-03-2012 07:50 AM

Looks good to me - I'd be more concerned abouth the value of the color than the fine marbling. It's a match in that respect. A friend used to say, 'It won't show on a trotting horse." How about, "It won't show on a flying goose"? The geese will (I think) be separated in the next step so it will all go together.

Here's some fresh orange juice. Enjoy!

whitepine 04-03-2012 09:24 AM

I agree with all of the above, Mary. :) It's whatever you are happy with. This comes from someone who ripped out the center star because I just couldn't stand it. But I sure wouldn't do that in this case. Another option would be to find another turquoise with the same value but a totally different pattern. If it was me, I would go with what you have. As I remember, you lost part of your border to a yellow fuzzy thing, so you are probably doing the border in the new fabric. That will match the geese.

marytoddliz 04-03-2012 09:39 AM

Thanks, everyone! good advice. I decided to take the three sides off and put the border in the new fabric, leave the center as is and make the geese out of the new fabric.

It was just to early for me I think! Usually I don't even open my eyes until about 10. When I ironed the baggie, I knew it was time to walk away from the sewing room. So now I need a new iron, hey getting a new Iron is always a good thing!

Again thanks for all the great advice. So on to the 'wild' geese!

SulaBug 04-03-2012 09:52 AM

MaryTodd...........I am so glad you have made your decision. I agreed all along with the rest of the ladies making this Mystery Train quilt block. I know that I will be so anxious to see how it looks when you are all done. Good decision.
:D :D :D :D

vickig626 04-03-2012 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by marytoddliz (Post 5113036)
I know now why I am a night owl! The morning time is confusing! I went to bed early last night was tired~ I am training for a Marathon and my old body is having trouble...

But back to my problem at hand. I found some fabric that I thought was the same as the F fabric I used in my Mystery Quilt. so this morning I was going to put that last strip on and start with the 'wild' Geese you all are having a time with~ The Fabric does not match!!!

So what do I do? Do I start over and do all the same? Or od I "Get over it" and sew on the last strip the Wrong Color??

HELP!!!!!!! I am pulling out my hair~

my quilt instructor always says "Can you live with it? If yes, go for it. If not, stand back 20 ft and ask yourself can you see the issue? if not, go for it. If you can, get over it" She is wise but has her wit.

The color looks fine to me too....I'd say go for it.

yayaquilts 04-03-2012 02:21 PM

marytoddliz: have you tried cleaning your iron (when cooled down)with a used dryer sheet? Might save it.

Jenniky 04-03-2012 03:05 PM

Has anyone finished their Geese...I keep waiting to see a few pics from others before I jump in with both feet??

paintmejudy 04-03-2012 03:21 PM

Exactly right, Oksew

Originally Posted by Oksewnsew (Post 5113235)
Go for it Marytodd, close enuff, and if you don't tell anyone, they'll think it was done on purpose.. :thumbup:

SunlitenSmiles 04-03-2012 03:21 PM

yes, but just a stack of geese blocks