Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • Quilt block of the month for March, 2007 - Blazing Arrows - Instructions & Discussion >
  • Quilt block of the month for March, 2007 - Blazing Arrows - Instructions & Discussion

• Quilt block of the month for March, 2007 - Blazing Arrows - Instructions & Discussion

Old 03-27-2007, 07:58 AM

:cry: Kathy
    I'm thinking you are on the right track. Maybe this will simmer down and I hope we haven't witnessed the fall of the empire. Gosh.
    Marmar :!:
    Old 03-27-2007, 12:17 PM

O.K. I think I might have missed some thing! whas up! I started my BOM (Maybe we should give it a diff nickname that one reminds me of something I do in the bathroom every mornin. :oops:) But after cutting the squares the size they were described I got to the bottom of page 2 and see two more sizes listed I think a 3-3/4 by 7 some thing and another one. Now I'm confused. Just when I was havin fun. I really enjoyed playing with my new rotary cutter and mat. That rolly thing is sharp I chipped off a piece of my ruler with it :? I haven't tried putting them together yet but I aint scared! If my blocks are a diff. size than intended they will match ea. other cause I cut enough for two blocks just for the fun of it! I don't think at this point the final size of the block is as important as the learning process. If we are not swapping, matching sizes are not at issue. Am I right? Just remember to breathe ladies and make that block your own! :roll: 8) :lol:
    Attached Thumbnails 1024x768.jpg   800x600.jpg   640x480.jpg  
    Old 03-27-2007, 12:26 PM

Kathy
    this is a new project for us all. and it has grown soo quickly, just make the blocks, by the time it gets to your turn we will have smothed the lumps, and if not then you can opt out.I do not think anyone has been that critical or unplesent, and by talking we are teaching each other and adding to every one's knowledge base.That is the puposes of this and it is to be fun so give it a try. I am always changing things even when I am in a class. that is the point, to push your envelope a luttle or a lot.
    QN/Daphne
    Old 03-27-2007, 12:43 PM
    PJ

You are toooooo funny. I share you pain with both the cutting (rolly thing) and the different sized blocks. But I love this even with all of the painful discussion. I like this site and I intend to stay on it. I have gotten so much entertainment with the banter. So I will finish my March BOM and on to April. I want to have a quilt with all of these block just so I can see some progress being made.
    Old 03-27-2007, 12:45 PM

patrice thanks for the tip. I have redownloaded and there the lines were yea QN?Daphne
    Old 03-28-2007, 12:45 PM

Yes this is soooo much fun! Only thing is i"m spending so much time checking out Quilters Paradise that I'm not do much sewing. I fear I may have to turn my back on you all for a time :lol: And I'm beginning to think that my husband would like me to get a JOB!! He doesn't seee how busy I am! :shock:
    Old 03-29-2007, 04:02 AM

Susan.. have to agree I have spent more time at this site than I knew exhisted. But the convesation is so fun. Qn
    Old 03-29-2007, 08:57 AM

Hi Patrice i sure like your March BOM and i love the colors. If you don't mind i would like to make one in blue and white i love simple blocks.I'm still waiting so i may learn how to use the pm's, i'm not really good on the computer i'm self taught but i'm gettig better,also i haven't got anysewing done for being on the computer.bye for now lol
    Annette
    Old 03-29-2007, 10:32 AM

Annette, What ARE the pms.? Is this a quilting ab. or a computer term? I'm teaching myself the computer as well. I got mine in Jan and got set up and on line about the end of that mo. So You can probably guess I have a lot to learn. But this seems a good place to get started and I hear learning new skills staves off senile dementia :thumbup:
    Old 03-29-2007, 10:58 AM
    Administrator

Originally Posted by annette
    Hi Patrice i sure like your March BOM and i love the colors. If you don't mind i would like to make one in blue and white i love simple blocks.I'm still waiting so i may learn how to use the pm's, i'm not really good on the computer i'm self taught but i'm gettig better,also i haven't got anysewing done for being on the computer.bye for now lol
    Annette
    ummmm ... i sure hope you're talking about the templates because I can't take any credit for picking the Blazing Arrows blocks. Misty56 sweated, searched and selected that one for us. (And I can tell you ... it not at all easy to pick from the hundreds or thousands of blocks available on the internet. i came very close to chickening out and dumping my turn on poor Country Quilter! LOL
    I only made the templates because i wanted to do mine a second time using a different method i thought might look better to me.
    Everybody gets pointed to free instructions for the blocks each month, but we each decide for ourselves which colors and fabrics to use. Some people use the instructions as a reference, but use completely different methods. Somebody else was a genius and realized that if she made hers smaller, she could still show it to us (by scanning it) even though she doesn't have a camera. I was quick, quick, quick to steal that idea! I don't have a decent digital camera, either.
    the Quilt Police are not here. Just quilters.
    :-)