Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • Quilt block of the month for March, 2007 - Blazing Arrows - Instructions & Discussion >
  • Quilt block of the month for March, 2007 - Blazing Arrows - Instructions & Discussion

• Quilt block of the month for March, 2007 - Blazing Arrows - Instructions & Discussion

Old 03-09-2007, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
    you know me ... Mary, Mary, the Quite Contrary Queen of Lazy.

I'm going to make it using simple Half-Square Triangles. Less measuring; less to remember.

:mrgreen:
    I love the block and the cat too. I have had a very bad day today and I feel like going belly up like the little cat...
    Misty
    Old 03-09-2007, 07:08 PM

Thats funny ....I NEVER do flying geese....always use the easy way out too...HST's all the way!!!
    Old 03-09-2007, 09:57 PM

Sweet little Misty. We were all so excited and demanding and I hope that didn't contribute to your bad day. :cry: But, you sure made ours. :D You came through for us. I'm sorry we can't help you, bring you hot tea, make your supper, shower you with praise..... Oh' we can do that. :shock: Thank you, thank you. You are sweet, thoughtful, giving, talented, beautiful, and one heck of a quilter! :thumbup:

Mine is almost done!!
    Old 03-10-2007, 03:58 AM

This block of the month thing, I really like the idea. I have some ?'s. If all blocks are 12". How many are we doing? Enough to make a whole quilt? How long will it take to make a queen size? A year maybe. And if someone decides on a block that's 6 or 8 or 10 inch they need to help us less experienced quilters convert it to a 12. Does that make sense.
    Old 03-10-2007, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by Debbie Murry
    This block of the month thing, I really like the idea. I have some ?'s. If all blocks are 12". How many are we doing? Enough to make a whole quilt? How long will it take to make a queen size? A year maybe. And if someone decides on a block that's 6 or 8 or 10 inch they need to help us less experienced quilters convert it to a 12. Does that make sense.
    Yes this does make since.. I know the one's I pick will be 12inches
    Misty
    Old 03-10-2007, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by Norah
    Sweet little Misty. We were all so excited and demanding and I hope that didn't contribute to your bad day. :cry: But, you sure made ours. :D You came through for us. I'm sorry we can't help you, bring you hot tea, make your supper, shower you with praise..... Oh' we can do that. :shock: Thank you, thank you. You are sweet, thoughtful, giving, talented, beautiful, and one heck of a quilter! :thumbup:

Mine is almost done!!
    No Norah it wasn't any thing said here that gave me the bad day. I don't have good health(so bad doctor's made me quit work) And I have bad spring allergies to top that off my husband's grandson is staying with us for a couple of months(I hope)no more. And he really is trying to get his self strengthen out . But my husband did not think so and they had a talk were there was a lot of crying and so on. But I think the grandson will try harder.His own mother just don't care if he has a roof over his head.
    And it all just had me so upset.And I know none of you are interested in my going on about it so enough said.

Now I think the person that finished their block first should pick the next block. But not every time if they are the first to finish. Does this sound ok with all of you?

Misty
    Old 03-10-2007, 06:18 AM

That sounds great to me! I was wondering how this was gonna run.... I haven't started mine yet..hoping to on Monday... I just ordered some fat quarters and thought they should be here in the mail on Monday and then I have fresh fabric to choose from! :)
    Old 03-10-2007, 06:19 AM

Some of us don't have a camera to post our blocks.
    Old 03-10-2007, 06:41 AM

I don't have one either, but I trust ya, Debbie. I have mine finished, but I don't want to pick a block. I will describe it, though.
    I did the original pattern, had to take it apart once, cut too many squares because I wasn't paying attention, so I have an orphan block to add to something. Mine is light beige with a little brown leaf pattern, the other being a darker green with a 1" gird of the same browns, that looks like a trellis with small pink and white roses growing over it. Mine will be scrappy greens and browns. I had fun doing it.
    Misty, we took in several nephews over the years. Stress, YES. Most of them did not stay too long, and we didn't think we had done anything for them, except provide them someone else to resent. Now they are all grown, and most of them have thanked us for what they learned at our house. Mostly that they were loved, someone expected something from them besides them goofing up, and self esteem. They had value, and something to contribute beside bad things. It didn't seem worth it at the time, but now... we have had several thank you's from them, and they all love us alot, which we didn't know until other family members told us that the nephews had told them that. Makes my heart glad.
    Old 03-10-2007, 06:49 AM
    Administrator

Originally Posted by Debbie Murry
    Some of us don't have a camera to post our blocks.
    if you have a local copy shop (e.g. kinko's, most office supply stores nowadays) they probably have a copy/scan service. they could scan your block onto a CD or disk. i have no idea what it would cost, though. hopefully no more than a few dollars.

or ... do any of your friends have cameras? somebody at work?