Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • "Spike Your English" Block of the Month Quilt-Along >
  • "Spike Your English" Block of the Month Quilt-Along

• "Spike Your English" Block of the Month Quilt-Along

Old 09-23-2013, 04:24 AM

Caroline...I wish I had realized now big the center would wind up being before I sewed everything together. I might just have to appliqué a smaller circle on it to tame it's intensity. Good job!
    Old 09-23-2013, 07:28 AM

carolyn
    thats a big WOW
    Old 09-23-2013, 07:29 AM

beautiful, clever to improve the centre. i have finished all six!! am mad about this project, don't want to stop, but now have to wait for october's. the usual quilter's lament of running out of fabric too. however i am totally frustrated trying to keep up with the postings as 3/4 are about recipes, sickness, etc. i am glad the rest of you can communicate like this and are friends, but wish there was a seperate link just for this topic. i will start to post my blocks soon, i do love looking at what has been done and have saved the photos. sincerely sandra
    Old 09-23-2013, 08:43 AM

Shadoh, there is a separate link for posting pictures, this is a discussion group in this link...its kinda our style here, just as the Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt and the Pony Club, both books and patterns by Laura Hird...was our style doing that. We have through floods, hurricane, and our own crisis together on this QB active board, but enjoy others joining us along the way....to share in our friendship and project...to be a good neighbor. Therefore, I post recipes to share with other great cooks on this journey, because I love to cook and quilt and read. I guess if you object you may relate your woes to Honchey as she is the leader of our pack, and we respect her as the leader who decides what appears on this site. Or just use the patterns that Mirabelle has provided on separate links, and post to the photo link provided as well. Each to his own, as the old maid say that kissed the cow...and I grew up with that saying, respecting others with different opinions and ways of thinking...knowing in my journey of life not everyone does respect our individual differences of thinking. That is all right, too.
    Old 09-23-2013, 09:05 AM

Caroline ... great center!! Wish I had thunk of that
    Old 09-23-2013, 09:23 AM

Caroline, that's a gorgeous block. I might add a little circle to my center as well, looks great!

QNS, as always very well said, thanks!
    Old 09-23-2013, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by shadoh
    beautiful, clever to improve the centre. i have finished all six!! am mad about this project, don't want to stop, but now have to wait for october's. the usual quilter's lament of running out of fabric too. however i am totally frustrated trying to keep up with the postings as 3/4 are about recipes, sickness, etc. i am glad the rest of you can communicate like this and are friends, but wish there was a seperate link just for this topic. i will start to post my blocks soon, i do love looking at what has been done and have saved the photos. sincerely sandra
    Sandra,

go to this link (below) for the September posts of blocks. The leader said she'll start a new thread for each month's blocks. (See, it says spike your english BOM September.)

http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...r-t229346.html

If you come back to this main thread that started it you will find recipes and other fun things. If you go to the thread for the current month (subscribe to it so it's easy to get to) you'll see primarily the blocks being posted as they are completed.
    Old 09-24-2013, 02:05 AM

NinaSue as always your words are very profound, yes we have been through a lot in the past 3 to 4 years of chatting. I know I can call each and everyone of your my dear friends
    Old 09-24-2013, 10:10 AM

I realize that I am new to this group of friends but have really enjoyed the chatting that goes on here. QuiltingNinaSue, I have tried everyone of the recipes that you have posted and we have loved them all (waiting for more)
    Old 09-24-2013, 10:18 AM

Gramquilter, we always welcome new friends!