Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • Very Special BOW for the Pony Club Quilt >
  • Very Special BOW for the Pony Club Quilt

• Very Special BOW for the Pony Club Quilt

Old 10-11-2011, 07:43 AM

I enjoy following these groups and seeing the amazing varieties of fabrics everyone uses. I wish there could be a big meeting in one place where everyone could bring their finished quilt. Wouldn't that be something to see!

YES, IT SURE WOULD. Maybe, you could put a bug in Laurie's ear......:)???????Online, of course.....
    Old 10-11-2011, 07:44 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by tdtdesign
    Originally Posted by wendiq
    Are you doing the blocks?
    Sadly, I can't right now because of my hands. But I did draw them multiple times in different forms for the book and the CD. Using a mouse doesn't require the same coordination as sewing, though on some days, even that was a challenge. Uh-oh, I think I just "outed" myself as Laurie's designer. :wink:

I enjoy following these groups and seeing the amazing varieties of fabrics everyone uses. I wish there could be a big meeting in one place where everyone could bring their finished quilt. Wouldn't that be something to see!
    Welcome!!
    Hope you'll stick around these paddocks and join us in the fun!!
    Old 10-11-2011, 08:59 AM

Maybe, you could put a bug in Laurie's ear......:)???????
    Teehee. That is SO not going to happen...Her family would have my hide! It's been a very busy three years with hardly a break (for either of us) between books.

Seriously, I do have a couple of ideas that could be a lot of fun. But not for quite a while. For now there's time for a whole bunch of people to finish both quilts.

Can you just picture it? The Farmer's Wife version of a Star Trek convention. Everyone can come dressed up as their favorite Lucky Pony Winner. :lol:
    Old 10-11-2011, 02:42 PM

I sure will try to send you the link......
    it is www.yahoogroups.com/thefarmerswivesponyclubquilt.
    Thanks, your link didn't work, but, I went to yahoo groups & found it, & joined! Don't have the book yet, want to check it out locally, then I will find a good price for it...
    Old 10-11-2011, 03:28 PM

I am so sorry the link didn't work, but glad you got in and joined the group. The little bit of chatter has me very excited about doing this project. I just uploaded Block #2....ht. I'll be looking for yours next....:)
    I did order my book from Laurie direct and then took it over to our local print shop and had a spiral spine put in it. Makes it so much easier to access and since this is going to be a loooooooooooong process, I decided to spend the $$'s and get it done. It really wasn't too costly and so worth having it done......this is just FYI if you care....:)
    Old 10-11-2011, 04:36 PM

Ahh, another project, lol, sounds like fun! May be a bit before I get my book, but that's okay, the inspiration will help! Thanks for the info, I appreciate it!
    Old 10-11-2011, 06:40 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by tdtdesign
    Maybe, you could put a bug in Laurie's ear......:)???????
    Teehee. That is SO not going to happen...Her family would have my hide! It's been a very busy three years with hardly a break (for either of us) between books.

Seriously, I do have a couple of ideas that could be a lot of fun. But not for quite a while. For now there's time for a whole bunch of people to finish both quilts.

Can you just picture it? The Farmer's Wife version of a Star Trek convention. Everyone can come dressed up as their favorite Lucky Pony Winner. :lol:
    TDT ... stick around! love your spirit. It'll be fun to have you comment as we trot along making our blocks, and perhaps add some extra insights. Then when we all pull up in our pony carts to the convention, we'll feel as though we already know you, too!!!
    Old 10-14-2011, 01:04 PM

As Jan mentioned, those of us who finished the Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt here on the Board are planning to do the Pony Club Quilt starting the first week in January. I think we are going to do two blocks a week, like we did with the FWS Quilt. Honchey will be giving a notice for those interested in December. You all get your books and join us. We have a great time.
    Old 10-15-2011, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by JeanieG
    As Jan mentioned, those of us who finished the Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt here on the Board are planning to do the Pony Club Quilt starting the first week in January. I think we are going to do two blocks a week, like we did with the FWS Quilt. Honchey will be giving a notice for those interested in December. You all get your books and join us. We have a great time.
    I like belonging to more than group or whatever, for any of these projects. There is so much good stuff out there to share among all us quilters!
    Old 10-15-2011, 11:50 AM

Sorry, double post, lol!