The "I DON'T WANNAS"

Old 05-11-2009, 01:53 PM

I have had the DON't WANNAS for a while. This is how I look at things--A year from now will it make a big difference in life if that chore is not done today? Most of the time the answer is NO.

Beverly
Old 05-11-2009, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by BDor
I have had the DON't WANNAS for a while. This is how I look at things--A year from now will it make a big difference in life if that chore is not done today? Most of the time the answer is NO.

Beverly

That's the best thing about making quilts--next year (and for many more to come I hope) someone is snuggling up to a quilt I made :D :D

Old 05-11-2009, 02:50 PM

When I read this thread, I thought it was going to be about 2 year olds! I am gratified that it was about ME! I have been experienceing a lot of this since I found this board! But I am actually getting some things done, some that HAVE to be done, and some that I WANT to do!
Remember, "This too shall pass!"
We are adults, we can do what we want when we want. (We just have to be willing to accept the consequences.) :?
Old 05-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Power Poster

The thing I like most about living on a farm...if it doesn't get done today....I can always do it tomorrow. I seem to sound like Scarlet a whole lot of the time around here!! :wink:

The only bad part is that the chores never seem to go away...just always hanging there waiting for me. :roll:

You did dinner..then you did better than me today.. :lol:
Old 05-11-2009, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Loretta
Terri, it sounds like you have spring fever- the kind that can only be cured with New England pine forests and long walks in the fresh scented air. Hopefully next year- right?
COME GET ME!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-11-2009, 04:47 PM
Power Poster

girlfriend, you sound bored...lots of things, think they need doing, but, you need a change of pace.
I get the "I don't wanna's", often. I am a homebody, and I guess, that is unusual, at least to ppl around here,...but some days, for me, it's not just getting out, it's getting my head, in a different place.
The worst thing I can do, when I don't wanna...unless it's very important...I don't make myself. I recognize the situation and say, "ok, then,...don't." I keep trying different things, until something interests me, or I come out of it.
I think you need to step foot on soil, instead of rock, and go shopping for new fabs, have lunch out, and oh he ck, lol, maybe a wine cooler, or something calming. I know, it's gonna be a while, before you can move.
How about yacking on phone. Sometimes that does me a lot of good. hug for you, it will pass. :)
Old 05-12-2009, 06:11 AM

Yea, it's just a phase.
I just wanna sew. Would love to do more sewing right now, but need to sleep. I can sew after I get Courtney to work. Oops, no I can't...I'll be waiting on mailman if he hasn't already come while I was gone! :)