Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • "Little House on the Prarie" >
  • "Little House on the Prarie"

• "Little House on the Prarie"

Old 06-04-2011, 03:43 AM

Then you should come to this area to see the house that Laura wrote all the books at. She, Almonzo and Rose are buried about 2 miles from here. She was very active in the community here until her death in the 50's (sure was a TINY thing!)
    Old 06-04-2011, 03:46 AM

I haven't watched in in years but my mother in law who is 72 years old watches it everyday. She is like you. She said,
    "it's nice to see good on tv in time when it's hard to find."
    Old 06-04-2011, 03:52 AM

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...FORM=IGRE#x0y0

'thought you fans might like to see the search
    Old 06-04-2011, 03:57 AM

I love Little house on the Priarie, too I have the dvd set,my children bought me for christmas some years ago.My favorite episode was when Charles did some house repairs for a widowed lady Mrs Thurman,and his payment was to be a china diner set for Caroline,they treasured that diner set.

We have so much these day ,I have started t give my 3 younger grand daughters a book , and some hand made clothes for their doll as gifts ,they love them.I gave 9 year old Annaleise 2 Anne of Green Gable books , another nice series.

I remember as a child getting a box of dolls clothes made by my mum, its the only Birthday gift I remember .I thought I was soo lucky , she told me when I was older ,she made them because she couldnt afford to buy me a gift,my birthday being a week before christmas.

Monika
    Old 06-04-2011, 04:10 AM

Love the show. I haven't watched all of them but most. I have read all of the books. My sister is on bed rest when she is pregnant. During one pregnancy she read and watched all of them. That is why her daughter is named Laura
    Old 06-04-2011, 04:12 AM

I love to read and have from the time I learned how in grade school. I have read all the Little House books and watched countless episodes of Little House on the Prarie. Still love to watch them and every once in a while I actually see one I must have missed or else my memory is going. Good clean TV.

mltquilt
    Old 06-04-2011, 04:13 AM

As I read through these comments, I realized that both of those series were based on the writers' lives as they and their families grew up and lived through tough times. Funny that they are alike in some ways and yet very different.

To me, the Little House stories are often sad and I like The Waltons most, I think, because the stories are so varied. Since I've stayed with my elderly mom, 96, so much lately I've seen many that I hadn't seen. Don't know how many years it was on but the kids grew up, married, went to college or work, etc. So there are lots and lots of them to see. So sentimental and warm. Lovely series!!
    Old 06-04-2011, 04:18 AM

From the lady who mentioned oranges for Christmas or a piece of candy.....when we were little, we got very little for Christmas. Our stockings were old, long sock and they were filled with fruit, nuts, and candy...no gifts in them. Our presents were often clothes...like a new sweater and a doll or pj's. That would have been in the early 1950s. My grandkids could open a store.LOL
    Old 06-04-2011, 04:40 AM

I don't have a favorite and I do enjoy most all of them.

My dad loved that show....when he was in the hospital, my sister and I didn't know what to take for him..we decided that we would call the hospital and we would take the TV turned on for him..

back then, TVs were not an automatic setup in hospitals.

he was so happy that he wasn't going to miss "Little House on the Prairie"
    Old 06-04-2011, 04:42 AM

I watched it some, years ago, but my favorite was the "Waltons". Now when I visit my daughter, over in VA, we often go to the Rockfish Gap country store and it brings back memories of the episodes when they would make a long trip to Rockfish Gap, it was always a big event.