Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • "Little House on the Prarie" >
  • "Little House on the Prarie"

• "Little House on the Prarie"

Old 06-04-2011, 06:30 PM

I still watch it at least twice a day in my area. I think my favorite episode is when Charles can't be paid by the saw mill and he takes on several jobs to make ends meet. Mrs. Olsen is mean about the money they owe, so they ( they family) all pitch in and make do with no coffee or sugar until the bill is paid. Mary works and Laura does Mary's chores. In the end, Mr. Olsen tells Charles that he is truly the "Richest Man in Walnut Grove". That is what family is all about. Just love it!

P.S....Can't remember the episode name.
    Old 06-04-2011, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by quiltwiz
    I still watch it at least twice a day in my area. I think my favorite episode is when Charles can't be paid by the saw mill and he takes on several jobs to make ends meet. Mrs. Olsen is mean about the money they owe, so they ( they family) all pitch in and make do with no coffee or sugar until the bill is paid. Mary works and Laura does Mary's chores. In the end, Mr. Olsen tells Charles that he is truly the "Richest Man in Walnut Grove". That is what family is all about. Just love it!

P.S....Can't remember the episode name.
    I love those kinds of episodes. The crying always cleans out my sinuses.
    Old 06-04-2011, 07:43 PM

I loved the Little House books. I can still remember my 4th grade teacher reading to us each day after lunch. The TV show was a favorite of mine and both my daughters.

I know that children today have no idea. For example..5 years ago when I was teaching 2nd grade there was an excerpt of one of the books...the selection was about Mary and Laura going to town...and they wanted to 'play' going to town but they didn't know what a town was even like! I remember saying something to my students about the TV show and they just sat there looking at me with blank expressions on their faces.

Sadly, I don't think children watch shows such as this. From hearing my kdg kids talk about what they do watch...many times I am appalled at the things they see on TV.
    Old 06-04-2011, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by hannajo
    Does anyone else watch this show? I don't know why, but I'm kind of obsessed with it. It's may or may not be realistic, but it's just so nice. Good always wins over evil. Pa and Ma were just so good. It's just a nice little escape from regular life.

So what's your favorite episode?
    All of them!!! I love every one!! Especially the one with quilts in them.
    Old 06-04-2011, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by mama's place
    I watch that with my mom and also watch The Waltons. These are both on Hallmark channel in the daytime every day. They're so nice and heartwarming and not violent and gory.

I didn't see too many of the Walton series when they were on and I just love their family. Makes you want to have a family like that. They just touch your heart. My kids don't live near me so we can't share our day to day activities as they did. So sweet.
    Me tooo!!!! i love the Waltons!!!!!
    Old 06-04-2011, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by mama's place
    I watch that with my mom and also watch The Waltons. These are both on Hallmark channel in the daytime every day. They're so nice and heartwarming and not violent and gory.

I didn't see too many of the Walton series when they were on and I just love their family. Makes you want to have a family like that. They just touch your heart. My kids don't live near me so we can't share our day to day activities as they did. So sweet.
    I watched the Walton's and Little House....
    When we use to live next door to my MIL and FIL our bedrooms were right across from each other...we slept with the windows open and would do the "good night"s... it was crazy fun... our dd loved it.. ha ha
    Old 06-04-2011, 09:52 PM

I remember reading the books to my daughter when she was little. We really enjoyed them. Watched every episode of the TV series too but haven't watched them in a long time. I did notice they were showing on the Hallmark channel. Will have to watch them again.
    Old 06-04-2011, 09:53 PM

We dearly love this show. We watch it on Hallmark and also on TV Land. Funny, we never watched it when it was on years ago when it was first produced, but now we enjoy it so much. Maybe it's because the world is so different now, it is beautiful to step back in time and see life as it was then. I almost always wind up teary-eyed at the end of every episode, unless, of course, Mrs. Oleson or Nellie get their come-uppance in some manner. LOL! But you have to hand it to both Mrs. Oleson and Nellie, they really played their parts well! (Smiles)
    Old 06-04-2011, 11:11 PM

Watched this years ago and LOVED it .
    Old 06-05-2011, 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by hannajo
    Does anyone else watch this show? I don't know why, but I'm kind of obsessed with it. It's may or may not be realistic, but it's just so nice. Good always wins over evil. Pa and Ma were just so good. It's just a nice little escape from regular life.

So what's your favorite episode?
    My husband actually pokes fun at me for watching this everday. I do love this show.