"Weigh In"

Old 03-11-2010, 10:54 AM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

Originally Posted by Rose Hall
woohoo!

Just got back from my visit with the midwife and my blood pressure was 122/63.

woohoo woohoo.

Considering I haven't slept in my own bed for 3 weeks--my son had pink eye, then I had a sinus infection, then my husband had the stomach flu, then my son caught that. I have made our bedroom the "sick" room and avoided it almost entirely. The sofa is NOT as comfortable as it used to be.

Hopefully with better rest I will get back on the treadmill for my slow walks.

10 more weeks to go and I can join the weight loss incentive!

have a great weekend everyone.

Rose
YIPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE..........great news except the part where everyone was sick and germy. :lol: :lol:
Old 03-11-2010, 12:09 PM
Banned

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO I was shopping on line for embroidery floss and guess what I came across?????????? The cutest fabric with plates and platters of cakes and cupcakes, all decorated and fancy. I couldn't resist I had to buy some for the rewards winner. I SAID I THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO SEND FOOD FABRIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see who the winner will be they will LOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVE it and it could be a start for their FAT quilt. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 03-11-2010, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Pats8e8
Well I do feel better today, thank goodness. Also got my blood work results back this week, my triglycerides are high, what do I need to stop eating for that one? :thumbdown:
Exercise is the only way I know of to lower the triglycerides... My LDL and HDL are ok but Triglic...are off the chart! exercise exercise exercise is the only thing that affects them.... Yeah... that ugly word...exercise... Start walking....
Old 03-11-2010, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by carolevidak
I took a day off the computer yesterday. Went out to lunch with a friend to Applebees and had a WW sandwich for 7 points and it was really good. Still walking my 2.50 miles with my dog each day and thank goodness I am still losing.

Did you know that they came out with a new orange juice that is only 50 calories or WW 1 pt.? It is Tropicana or
Trop 50. Now we can have orange juice for 1 pt.

Carole
They really shouldn't cut calories in things that are healthy for you... especially with breakfast... which should be about a 500 calorie meal... but then again, we tend to drink more of it anyways!!! lol
Old 03-11-2010, 12:57 PM

Isn't 500 cal for breakfast too much to consume? I try to limit my morn cal so I can have more for eve. Am I hurting my weight loss this way? I allow myself 1500 a day.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lneal
Isn't 500 cal for breakfast too much to consume? I try to limit my morn cal so I can have more for eve. Am I hurting my weight loss this way? I allow myself 1500 a day.
With 1500 cal per day you should lose 1 lb per week that is if you do not exercise. If you exercise you will loose more depending on how much you are exercising.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Lneal
500 calories for breakfast is actually healthy, especially since breakfast should be the biggest meal of the day. Lunch is to be a smaller fare and dinner could be bigger if you choose. The larger breakfast will help you keep from snacking through out the day. Also the more active you are the more calories you can consume... but be cautious on that front since to many more calories can result in weight gain. The largest amount of calories one should consume is 2000 calories with the lowest and safest amount of calories consumed is 1200. It takes 3000 calories, burned, to lose a pound. So as long as you are active you can eat a large breakfast. Eating healthy items for breakfast also help!

So! In good news, I lost some weight somewhere... I don't know how much... all I know is that this skirt that I have is actually looser than it was the last time I wore it... and I washed it this morning when I did laundry so I know its not stretched. I was so happy! Maybe in a few weeks I'll have lost a dress size!!! YAY!
Old 03-11-2010, 02:51 PM
Banned

Good for you Christina........ doing the happy dance for you!!!!!!!

I should try on my jeans that have been tooooooo tight and see how they fit. My body must be strange if I eat a bigger breakfast I am hungry all day. My new thing for breakfast it 2 tbsp oatmeal with 1/3 c water. I put it in the microwave for 2 minutes then add cinnamon, cloves and ginger along with 1/2 jar baby pears. Total calories is 60 calories and it fills me up until lunch. I eat breakfast at 7 lunch about 12:30. When I would have more calories even if it was a a regular size bowl of oatmeal I would be starving about 9:30-10am. About an hour after dinner I get super hungry so I eat a big salad then, no dressing. I stll get hungry all night but I save calories from during the day and eat them at night. I love carrots so all day I much on them.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:30 PM

Then you may have a high metabolism... or just always hungry... I know the feeling... cause I'm always hungry too!
Old 03-11-2010, 05:18 PM

I thought I was the only one that gets hungry if I eat a big breskfast,I am hungry all the time but it seems if I eat breakfast I want to eat all morning long!