"Weigh In"

Old 03-11-2010, 05:21 PM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

Originally Posted by MaryAnn
I thought I was the only one that gets hungry if I eat a big breskfast,I am hungry all the time but it seems if I eat breakfast I want to eat all morning long!
SOOOOOOOOOOOO I am not alone. I don't just eat to eat I truely feel hungry ALL the time and I don't know why. Even in the middle of the night I get up and eat. I sometimes think since you brain controls ever aspect of your body I have to have some kind of brain malfunction. LOL
Old 03-11-2010, 05:35 PM

I've been hungry a lot as of late... but thats due to being really active as of late.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:47 PM

I don't know what is wrong with me I am the sme way seems there is a chemical inbalance in my body I eat anf eat and my body seems to say more more more! I joined ww for he third time everyone is losing but me!!! What is wrong with me i never feel satisfied :-(
Old 03-11-2010, 07:57 PM

Actually, since our brain does control our hunger to an extent, when we are under extreme stress, our brain sends signals for survival....stock up on food... therefore we eat and eat and eat... never feeling full.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:41 AM

I eat whole grains in the morning. Bowl of cereal w/milk (3 pts), and a small banana (1 pt) . I try to eat that within 1 hour of waking up. I pack snacks for work. By 8:30 or so I am starting to feel a little bit of hunger. So I eat a cheese stick (1 pt), or maybe a low fat yogurt (1 pt). By 10:00 or 10:30, I eat a piece of fruit, today an orange (1 pt). Then around 12:30, I will eat an apple (1) or if I am really hungry I might eat a Weight Watchers' cookie (1 pt). I try to pack different fruits and veggies to have a variety so I don't get bored and I make sure I am getting different nutrients in my diet. I usually have nuts, fruits, veggies, cheese, yogurt, WW cookies or snack bar. Most everything that I bring to work with me is only 1 point. So I can nibble all morning long.

Also I consistently do my 30 min. workouts. Some days, I only do 15 mins, sometimes it is only 5 mins. Yesterday I was having a bad arthritis flare up day. I could barely walk, so working out would have only made it worse, so I had to make the decision to pamper myself and just think about working out. I did go back to the 6 min. low impact work out I do in my chair at work though, I needed to do something. This morning I was right back at my normal routine.

We weighed in last night and I had another loss. So I must have found the right combination of foods, activity, and mental readiness that work for me. I am losing a lot of inches, and I am wearing clothes that I could only look at and feel bad about them not fitting before. So keep trying different things, until you find the right blend that works for your body. The most important thing for me is keeping the commitment I made to myself and my health.
Linda
Old 03-12-2010, 09:27 AM

laparshall you are doing a great job and are very organized with your calorie intake and exercise!! Your preparation for each day is making your weight loss a success. Congratulations on your weight loss this week :thumbup: :thumbup:

So many of us here are finding a way to make the right choices that it will take to lose this weight!!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-6420.jpe  
Old 03-12-2010, 10:04 AM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

Laparshall............you are doing womdeful, keep up the good work you are an inspiration. It seem's you eat every 2 hours but then do eat a regular lunch and dinner or do you just snack all day on healthy foods??????????
Old 03-12-2010, 10:06 AM

Way to go Linda!!!
I am trying I really am but it seems so tough! Getting in the physical exercise is the hardest part for me. I am thinking maybe I will just walk the parking lot here at work during lunch!
Hugs
April
Old 03-12-2010, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Lneal
laparshall you are doing a great job and are very organized with your calorie intake and exercise!! Your preparation for each day is making your weight loss a success. Congratulations on your weight loss this week :thumbup: :thumbup:

So many of us here are finding a way to make the right choices that it will take to lose this weight!!
Thank you. It really does come down to finding what works for you, and then consistently sticking with it.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach
Laparshall............you are doing womdeful, keep up the good work you are an inspiration. It seem's you eat every 2 hours but then do eat a regular lunch and dinner or do you just snack all day on healthy foods??????????
I eat a normal breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday, and pretty consistenly at the same time of the day. I eat something every two hours to keep myself from getting too hungry and I like to eat something just before lunch and dinner so that I am not starving when I sit down to each of those meals. This prevents me from over eating. Also I never go back for seconds. Sometimes I really want to, but it isn't because I am hungry, it is because I love the food, so I stop myself. Getting in touch with true hunger feelings is a very good tool. And learning that you really do get a full feeling by eating a cheese stick and an apple. And they are both very low in calorie, hold you over, taste good. As soon as I get the true hunger feeling again, I eat a little something. Soon your body adjusts to this type of eating and I have figured out that the only time I really eat much between meals is between breakfast and lunch. I am also staying within my Weight Watchers points, so that is why planning for those 1-2 pt snacks is very important.

As an aside, I have always gotten up at 5:00, but I never used to eat anything until 8:30 or 9:00 am. Now I get up at 5:00 and usually am working out by 5:30 and most days I eat before 6:30.