"Weigh In"

Old 04-28-2010, 12:54 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by laparshall
Originally Posted by BrendaB
I finally have some good news! I actually lost a little. I was shocked and very happy. :-)
Congratulations Brenda. I know that shock must feel very good to you! Have you been doing something different.
Linda
Pretty much the same. I guess the changes I made are ones that will take a long time to show as little bits. I haven't had bread but once or twice in the last several months, almost no sugar, and very little cabohydrates. Now that I put it down, I think I should have lost more! lol I thought my bra was getting a little looser--why is it that when I lose, the boobs are the first to go, but men lose the bellyD?! Anyway, I have enough everywhere to lose, so am happy with whatever progress. I'm going to try harder in May. Thanks for letting me hang out with you all even though I haven't been very focused. I am proof that the encouragement really does help. Thank you. :-)
Old 04-28-2010, 01:54 PM

I finally have some good news! I actually lost a little. I was shocked and very happy. :-)
Congratulations Brenda. I know that shock must feel very good to you! Have you been doing something different.
Linda
Pretty much the same. I guess the changes I made are ones that will take a long time to show as little bits. I haven't had bread but once or twice in the last several months, almost no sugar, and very little cabohydrates. Now that I put it down, I think I should have lost more! lol I thought my bra was getting a little looser--why is it that when I lose, the boobs are the first to go, but men lose the bellyD?! Anyway, I have enough everywhere to lose, so am happy with whatever progress. I'm going to try harder in May. Thanks for letting me hang out with you all even though I haven't been very focused. I am proof that the encouragement really does help. Thank you. :-)
That is the beauty of this thread, there is always someone to hang out with that understands how you feel about the challenges of getting rid of the extra weight. It sure doesn't seem fair when the first thing you notice is the incredible shrinking boobs. My friend told me that was what toilet paper is for. Stuff those bras up.

Keep up whatever you are doing, it must be working. And maybe in May you will lose more. Are you able to do much walking yet? Apparently, that is what gets rid of the belly. Oh well, I'd better get started, I may have to walk around the world before I take off the extra belly. And DH will only have to go to the end of the county line to get rid of his. It is just NOT fair!
Old 04-28-2010, 07:59 PM
Banned

I am kind of disappointed I thought more people would have signed up for the weight loss FQ prize for May. Where is everyone???????????????
Old 04-28-2010, 11:21 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Linda
That is the beauty of this thread, there is always someone to hang out with that understands how you feel about the challenges of getting rid of the extra weight. It sure doesn't seem fair when the first thing you notice is the incredible shrinking boobs. My friend told me that was what toilet paper is for. Stuff those bras up.

Keep up whatever you are doing, it must be working. And maybe in May you will lose more. Are you able to do much walking yet? Apparently, that is what gets rid of the belly. Oh well, I'd better get started, I may have to walk around the world before I take off the extra belly. And DH will only have to go to the end of the county line to get rid of his. It is just NOT fair!
Laparshall, you are so right!! I haven't been walking. I've been in so much pain that I just haven't done it. I need to take my dog and just do it. She would really enjoy that too, and she can afford to lose a few pounds too. Last year, I drove down to the river and took her for a walk along the Mississippi. It is really nice. My son has had my car so much, that I can't really go there yet, but I certainly could go out my front door and walk a few blocks. I also have an elliptical machine, but that is soooo hard to do. Gotta just keep trying and figuring out what works, even when we aren't paying attention. :-)

I did think of something else that I have done and didn't really realize it. I haven't been snacking. I keep going to the kitchen, looking for "something," but can't find anything I really want to leave empty handed and empty -mouthed. lol I was thinking I hadn't done squat, but I didn't even notice. I think it is because of reading all the posts and the swaps I'm doing. I would rather sew than eat anyway. :-) Thanks for the encouragement.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:16 AM

BrendaB I am so glad you are showing some loss!! Keep working at it because sometimes it is the little changes that make the difference. I have realized we don't lose this weight over night, but staying focused will get us there, even if it's slowly
Isn't life a challenge sometimes. :-D
Old 04-29-2010, 02:54 AM

I want in too! In december I went to the doctor and I weighed in at 185. I am down to 161 right now. My fear is once I get comfortable in my new home I will put it back on. Right now I am busy unpacking, planting flowers and starting a garden, so this keeps me moving.Good thing fabric is high in fiber hahahaha!
Old 04-29-2010, 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by mygirl66
I want in too! In december I went to the doctor and I weighed in at 185. I am down to 161 right now. My fear is once I get comfortable in my new home I will put it back on. Right now I am busy unpacking, planting flowers and starting a garden, so this keeps me moving.Good thing fabric is high in fiber hahahaha!
Hi and welcome! Sounds like you have worked hard at losing your weight. I am sure you have some tips and experiences to share, so please check in here anytime. We are a support group and need everyone's input. Keep moving!! LOL!
:-D :-D
Old 04-29-2010, 05:37 AM

Linda

Laparshall, you are so right!! I haven't been walking. I've been in so much pain that I just haven't done it. I need to take my dog and just do it. She would really enjoy that too, and she can afford to lose a few pounds too. Last year, I drove down to the river and took her for a walk along the Mississippi. It is really nice. My son has had my car so much, that I can't really go there yet, but I certainly could go out my front door and walk a few blocks. I also have an elliptical machine, but that is soooo hard to do. Gotta just keep trying and figuring out what works, even when we aren't paying attention. :-)

I did think of something else that I have done and didn't really realize it. I haven't been snacking. I keep going to the kitchen, looking for "something," but can't find anything I really want to leave empty handed and empty -mouthed. lol I was thinking I hadn't done squat, but I didn't even notice. I think it is because of reading all the posts and the swaps I'm doing. I would rather sew than eat anyway. :-) Thanks for the encouragement.
It sounds like you are doing very well. The dog would love the walk, but even if you just take a little walk it would be a good thing. A few 5 min walks are very effective. I just focus on what I can do and not what I can't. Like this morning, I could barely get out of bed, so I decided that today I got out of bed, I didn't have it in me to do a work out. Tomorrow may be a better day, when I have better days, I do the work out. No guilt.

The not snacking thing is pretty hard to do. I posted an idea that Lneal said that she tried and is having success with about snacks. Where in the morning or evening (if you are that together) I select a four or five healthy snacks. apple, grapes, carrots, cheese stick, WW 1 or 2 pt snacks, yogurt. I put those all in a bag and have them available through out the morning and afternoon. I eat my normal breakfast and lunch, but if I want to snack, I go to the preplanned bag of snacks which holds the things I really like. I don't have to guess what to eat, and it keeps me from grazing (bag of potato chips, a few cookies, couple of more chips, few more cookies). This type of grazing is hard to keep track of. Since I am on Weight Watchers, I keep track of my points, so while I am packing my preplanned snack bag, I write them down and figure them into my daily total. If I don't eat something in the bag I cross it off my tracker. I am no longer hungry between meals. And also I don't need to pack as many snacks as I did when I first started this little routine.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by mygirl66
Mygirl66: Hi glad you checked in on us. Sure hope you join in. We always need to learn some new tricks and hear how everyone else is losing, or if they are having a particular challenge, maybe share something that seems to be working for them. It looks like you are doing very well you have taken off nearly 25 pounds, that is awesome. You must be so proud of yourself and I'll bet your doctor is very happy with you too.

As far as you fear of gaining back what you lost, maybe while you are unpacking, you could consider taking those clothes that are waaaaay tooooo big for you and put them in a box and immediately take them to your local Salvation Army or Goodwill store or some other resale shop. If you donate the too big clothes to a charity, you won't have anything to grow back into, and you may even be able to deduct the value of donation on your income tax next year.
Good luck to you as you settle into your new home, hope we hear from you often.
Linda
Old 04-29-2010, 06:23 AM

I have just come back from the doctor I had a loss of 4 1/2 pounds this week and I owe it to all of you ladies with your encouragement and helpful hints,I take the little guy I watch walking everyday even during the cold spell we have had.I watch my snacking though still having a hard time with lunch as I really hate to cook something for myself so usually I have a sandwich but have wondering has anyone tried WW dinners,though we don;t have much of a variety in canada I thought maybe one of those would help.Also I think once the little guy leaves I will take the dog for a quick walk around the block before hubby gets home.Thanks again for all the help you ladies are the GREATEST!!!!!Now onto May....