"Weigh In"

Old 04-29-2010, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by jnebug
I have just come back from the doctor I had a loss of 4 1/2 pounds this week and I owe it to all of you ladies with your encouragement and helpful hints,I take the little guy I watch walking everyday even during the cold spell we have had.I watch my snacking though still having a hard time with lunch as I really hate to cook something for myself so usually I have a sandwich but have wondering has anyone tried WW dinners,though we don;t have much of a variety in canada I thought maybe one of those would help.Also I think once the little guy leaves I will take the dog for a quick walk around the block before hubby gets home.Thanks again for all the help you ladies are the GREATEST!!!!!Now onto May....
jnebug: Good for you. You must be soooo excited. Walking really does a lot. Everyone kept telling me that it will reduce the belly fat, and it really is starting to show. And the more you walk, the you will want to walk. It is a very good way to get out of the house, and to get some fresh air. Your body is saying thank you and resonding by losing that weight. And May is going to be even easier. With each pound you lose, the walking gets easier too. I can go faster, and further now. I signed up for a 5K, which really amazes me, since I didn't even know what that was until about a month ago. I am starting to believe that I will be able to do it.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:08 AM

Sheesh...just tell me who to send my FQ to...There's no way a couple pounds even comes CLOSE to winning this month! :lol:
Old 04-29-2010, 11:21 AM

There will be two winners this month and that will be decided once everyone has sent in their weight loss. :D :D
It has been said that 1/2 to 2lbs a week is considered to be a good weight loss. Be encouraged you did it!! :-D :-D

We are proud of you!!
Old 04-29-2010, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ
Sheesh...just tell me who to send my FQ to...There's no way a couple pounds even comes CLOSE to winning this month! :lol:
I hear you. There are some big losers this month.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:21 PM
Banned

So far there are 7 people signed up for the biggest loser prize/rewards program. Sign up is ending soon for May so please sign up now to join in the fun!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-29-2010, 07:04 PM

Hi everyone,

I have my FQ already picked out to send. :)

I lost 2 more pounds since last check in.
Happy vibes to all.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:30 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by laparshall
Originally Posted by BrendaB
I finally have some good news! I actually lost a little. I was shocked and very happy. :-)
Congratulations Brenda. I know that shock must feel very good to you! Have you been doing something different.
Linda
Pretty much the same. I guess the changes I made are ones that will take a long time to show as little bits. I haven't had bread but once or twice in the last several months, almost no sugar, and very little cabohydrates. Now that I put it down, I think I should have lost more! lol I thought my bra was getting a little looser--why is it that when I lose, the boobs are the first to go, but men lose the bellyD?! Anyway, I have enough everywhere to lose, so am happy with whatever progress. I'm going to try harder in May. Thanks for letting me hang out with you all even though I haven't been very focused. I am proof that the encouragement really does help. Thank you. :-)
That is the beauty of this thread, there is always someone to hang out with that understands how you feel about the challenges of getting rid of the extra weight. It sure doesn't seem fair when the first thing you notice is the incredible shrinking boobs. My friend told me that was what toilet paper is for. Stuff those bras up.

Keep up whatever you are doing, it must be working. And maybe in May you will lose more. Are you able to do much walking yet? Apparently, that is what gets rid of the belly. Oh well, I'd better get started, I may have to walk around the world before I take off the extra belly. And DH will only have to go to the end of the county line to get rid of his. It is just NOT fair!
Laparshall, you are so right!! I haven't been walking. I've been in so much pain that I just haven't done it. I need to take my dog and just do it. She would really enjoy that too, and she can afford to lose a few pounds too. Last year, I drove down to the river and took her for a walk along the Mississippi. It is really nice. My son has had my car so much, that I can't really go there yet, but I certainly could go out my front door and walk a few blocks. I also have an elliptical machine, but that is soooo hard to do. Gotta just keep trying and figuring out what works, even when we aren't paying attention. :-)

I did think of something else that I have done and didn't really realize it. I haven't been snacking. I keep going to the kitchen, looking for "something," but can't find anything I really want to leave empty handed and empty -mouthed. lol I was thinking I hadn't done squat, but I didn't even notice. I think it is because of reading all the posts and the swaps I'm doing. I would rather sew than eat anyway. :-) Thanks for the encouragement.
It sounds like you are doing very well. The dog would love the walk, but even if you just take a little walk it would be a good thing. A few 5 min walks are very effective. I just focus on what I can do and not what I can't. Like this morning, I could barely get out of bed, so I decided that today I got out of bed, I didn't have it in me to do a work out. Tomorrow may be a better day, when I have better days, I do the work out. No guilt.

The not snacking thing is pretty hard to do. I posted an idea that Lneal said that she tried and is having success with about snacks. Where in the morning or evening (if you are that together) I select a four or five healthy snacks. apple, grapes, carrots, cheese stick, WW 1 or 2 pt snacks, yogurt. I put those all in a bag and have them available through out the morning and afternoon. I eat my normal breakfast and lunch, but if I want to snack, I go to the preplanned bag of snacks which holds the things I really like. I don't have to guess what to eat, and it keeps me from grazing (bag of potato chips, a few cookies, couple of more chips, few more cookies). This type of grazing is hard to keep track of. Since I am on Weight Watchers, I keep track of my points, so while I am packing my preplanned snack bag, I write them down and figure them into my daily total. If I don't eat something in the bag I cross it off my tracker. I am no longer hungry between meals. And also I don't need to pack as many snacks as I did when I first started this little routine.
Thank you. I was going to go back and try to find that post, but you saved me some time by repeating it for me. I will definitely do that too. While I'm not doing a lot of snacking, having something healthy, within limits, will keep me from making wrong choices. I really appreciate the help. :-)
Old 04-29-2010, 10:00 PM

I found that measuring out snacks such as pretzels into 100 calorie snacks is a good thing. And 100 calorie bags of popcorn too works well. I have managed to keep my fat content down down 20 grams or so per day. You would be surprised to find out that gives you a lot of leeway in foods to eat. I use cooking spray, steaming and lots of raw veggies and fruit. I can even satisfy my sweet tooth with low fat coffee cake (even lower fat when using skim milk), no fat banana bread both of these use applesauce instead of oil. I managed to drop 8 lbs this month eating this way. Along with taking the dogs on mile long hikes several times a week. We go up into the foothills of the mountains and hike up hill and over rocky terrian. This gives me quite a workout. I am hopeing by the end of May I will be back to where I was around Labor Day (224 lbs.) my goal is to be 200 lbs. by Christmas. I am sure my weight will go up and down during the holidays so I won't be upset by a 20 lbs loss by then.

You gals are great here, I don't post often enough here in this thread, but I do read you accomplishments and setbacks. So I try and send out good healthy vibes daily. :)

Here's a little motivation.........
Attached Thumbnails attachment-26668.jpe  
Old 04-29-2010, 10:11 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
I found that measuring out snacks such as pretzels into 100 calorie snacks is a good thing. And 100 calorie bags of popcorn too works well. I have managed to keep my fat content down down 20 grams or so per day. You would be surprised to find out that gives you a lot of leeway in foods to eat. I use cooking spray, steaming and lots of raw veggies and fruit. I can even satisfy my sweet tooth with low fat coffee cake (even lower fat when using skim milk), no fat banana bread both of these use applesauce instead of oil. I managed to drop 8 lbs this month eating this way. Along with taking the dogs on mile long hikes several times a week. We go up into the foothills of the mountains and hike up hill and over rocky terrian. This gives me quite a workout. I am hopeing by the end of May I will be back to where I was around Labor Day (224 lbs.) my goal is to be 200 lbs. by Christmas. I am sure my weight will go up and down during the holidays so I won't be upset by a 20 lbs loss by then.

You gals are great here, I don't post often enough here in this thread, but I do read you accomplishments and setbacks. So I try and send out good healthy vibes daily. :)

That is sooooo cute. :-) I will add that suggestion to my routine too. Thank you. I think you will make your goal for sure. Congratulations on the 8 pounds this month. That is a really nice loss.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk

That is sooooo cute. :-) I will add that suggestion to my routine too. Thank you. I think you will make your goal for sure. Congratulations on the 8 pounds this month. That is a really nice loss.
Thanks some of it was water weight I am sure. But once I set my mind to something it gets done. I did the same when I decided to quit smoking 5 yrs ago. One day I said that the day ( my Mom's 76th birthday) and I went and got a pack of those patches and slapped one on and off I went. No more smoking, an added bonus..we are paying off our 2nd truck with the money saved by not buying cigarettes. My weight loss will slow in the coming weeks once my body adapts, so I will adjust my diet again, more veggies, more fish and chicken, no beef or pork.