"Weigh In"

Old 05-01-2010, 07:21 PM

Jan, 5 lbs is fantastic!!!! Most of us aren't going to lose 10lbs or more. 5 lbs is unbelievable. My vacation for 10 days did me in. But I am going to really try this month. But believe me --- I would be thrilled to lose 5 lbs. I keep yo-yo-ing and I don't mean making yo-yos. Good for you - you did a great job.

Carole
Old 05-01-2010, 07:29 PM

Way to go Jan!
I started at 150 dropped to 147 and went right back up to 150. Been doing this tetter totter for 2 years now. can't break the 147
Old 05-02-2010, 01:37 AM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

JanRN, I agree, 5 pounds is an excellent loss. Enjoy your success. :-)

I don't remember seeing the total loss for the month of April. Did that get posted and I missed it?
Old 05-02-2010, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Leota
Way to go Jan!
I started at 150 dropped to 147 and went right back up to 150. Been doing this tetter totter for 2 years now. can't break the 147
If I weighed 147, I think I'd have died and gone to heaven. (That wasn't meant to rhyme.)
Old 05-02-2010, 10:53 PM

Laparshall, thanks for the encouragement. I certainly hope it's all down now. Been working in the yard this weekend, so splurged on a burger and salad for supper. Won't be doing that all week though. Made a batch of WW green pepper soup and froze it to take to work with me. That way I have complete control over what I eat on those days. Will hope to see a lower number on the scale on Friday. We are all doing good!
Old 05-03-2010, 01:42 AM

Good morning girls! It's a new month and I am looking forward to a renewed effort to lose weight. I am off early this morning for a walk at the park and then a busy day with school, but not first without packing my legal calorie snacks in a bag!! This has been so helpful for me since I can prepp them and it keeps me within my limits.
I just wish I could accomplish my goal for drinking enough water. I know the benefits from doing it, but I find it so hard to do. Any suggestions? How do you girls get your water down?
Have a good dieting day everyone and lets all lose more weight this month! :-D :-D :thumbup:
Old 05-03-2010, 01:53 AM

Hi . I'm going to have a hard time with the water also. We had a water main break here in MA . A lot of towns and Boston are going to have to boil their water or buy bottled water if anyone can find any.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt4u
Hi . I'm going to have a hard time with the water also. We had a water main break here in MA . A lot of towns and Boston are going to have to boil their water or buy bottled water if anyone can find any.
I was just watching a report on tv about that this morning. That is just awaful. Sure hope you can get your water back soon.

To get my water in each day, when I am on top of my game of course, I figure 64 glasses a day (eight 8oz glasses), So for today I would write on a post-it 64. Then for each bottle or glass I drink, I will subtract it as soon as I finish it and then immediately fill my glass or bottle again. So while walking on the treadmill, I drank a 20 oz glass of water. So I subtract that from 65 and now I am down to 44 oz, and I have all day to drink that. (I will add more water if I have a sweaty workout) The trick is to play a game with myself, and keep my post-in note right where it is easy to subtract each glass/bottle. Keep in mind that most bottles of water are 16 ozs., so you only need 4 of those through out the day. When I focus on it, it is really very easy. The key is to make it your focus for the day. Focus Makes Me Fabulous!
Linda
Old 05-03-2010, 11:15 AM

I also used to hate drinking water,so sometimes I add a slice of lemon or lime or fill a picture of water and add slices and then pour into my water bottle.I am so glad I joined this weight group you's have helped me alot.So far I have lost 10 1/2 walking everyday and watching what I eat.Once a week I have a cheat day where I will eat something not illegal lol.Then back on track.This week will be Mothers Day where I will have a piece of cake and eat what my daughter prepares(shes a chef)so I will try to be good all week while looking forward to Sunday.Hope everyone has a good week.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:22 PM

Hi everyone,

How is everything going? I am still on track close to a pound this week. My husband is taking me on a day trip over the mountains tomorrow, so it's my splurge day. So I don't expect too much of a loss. He is taking me shopping for an early Mother's day.