"Weigh In"

Old 05-03-2010, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Lneal
Good morning girls! It's a new month and I am looking forward to a renewed effort to lose weight. I am off early this morning for a walk at the park and then a busy day with school, but not first without packing my legal calorie snacks in a bag!! This has been so helpful for me since I can prepp them and it keeps me within my limits.
I just wish I could accomplish my goal for drinking enough water. I know the benefits from doing it, but I find it so hard to do. Any suggestions? How do you girls get your water down?
Have a good dieting day everyone and lets all lose more weight this month! :-D :-D :thumbup:
I don't do water at all, can't stomach it. So I use the generic raspberry tea from Target. It's zero calories and made up from water, so what's the difference, it's all liquid. I am a tea drinker, drink lots of hot tea like others drink coffee all day. And I recently tried Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper because my now skinny daughter suggested it, and it is pretty good, so will be drinking it now too.

:thumbup:
Old 05-03-2010, 07:47 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
Hi everyone,

How is everything going? I am still on track close to a pound this week. My husband is taking me on a day trip over the mountains tomorrow, so it's my splurge day. So I don't expect too much of a loss. He is taking me shopping for an early Mother's day.
Sounds like fun. Congratulations on another pound!! Have tons of fun on your outing. :-)
Old 05-05-2010, 06:54 AM

This month is starting off better. Lost a few already. Now if I can just keep it going! If I keep a glass of ice water with me all the time, I find I will drink a lot more. After I do it a while, I find I want more. Good luck everyone!
Old 05-05-2010, 08:55 AM

Chasing Hawk, I sent your FQ out yesterday. Hope you like it. We would love to see what you do with them. Even if you just stack them up and think of us and your weight loss when you look at them, that would be nice to know too. Congratulations again on your loss!

Linda
Old 05-05-2010, 09:15 AM

Great job JudeWill, glad to hear you are dropping the lbs. It is such a good feeling to be on the right track and to feel in control. Keep up the good work!! :thumbup:
Old 05-06-2010, 08:51 AM

Hi! How is everyone doing this week? I have my WW meeting this evening, and I am looking forward to weighing in. We missed our meeting last week due to a charity function, a Spaghetti dinner with garlic toast and many deserts to choose from. We also celebrated DH's b-day over the entire weekend. It will be interesting to see how I am doing. I'm just going to deal with whatever the numbers are? Sure would love to see a loss though. I have been walking longer and more often on the treadmill this week, perhaps that helped.
Linda
Old 05-06-2010, 10:05 AM
Power Poster

I am doing terrible. Having one of those i want to eat everything in the kitchen. I just called and signed up for some nutrition classes at our local hospital. Sure hope they help.
I dont know why I go through these periods where I want to eat all the time. Its not carbs or sugar. I dont use anything sugar and watch my carbs. Next week after I gain 10 lbs. this week I will be fine. Hope to find out why very soon. Ok-my vent for today.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:13 AM

Hi! Sounds like everyone is doing well (except Zennia and I LOL). I've had a terrible sinus infection and can't taste anything. Does that stop me from eating?? NO!! The antibiotic makes my stomach queasy. Does that stop me from eating?? NO!! OH well, today's the last day of meds so back to watching calories and will start walking again tomorrow. Been so dizzy that I was afraid to leave the house. Did that stop me from eating?? Well, you all get the picture.
Keep up the good work. Zennia-next week will be better for us. Let us know what you learn in your nutrition classes-any good suggestions or recipes will be appreciated.
Happy and healthy May everyone!!
Old 05-06-2010, 11:33 AM

Man what is up with the out of control eating? I have been doing so great for such a long time, and then all of a sudden, I think I deserve all of the extra treats I want. Like at the birthday celebration with DH on Saturday, well we shared a desert,but it was very large, Sunday it was ice cream, and then I had a frosty with my salad from Wendy's on Tuesday night. Last night with dinner at my mom's house, not one brownie with nuts and sprinkles that my 4 yr old GD helped make, but two of them. I think I am seeing a pattern begin. It looks like an addiction. Something triggered my sweets frenzy. I know that is why I have been worrying about getting on that scale this evening. Because all of these deserts were consumed without regard to my daily points. I don't even know how many points most of them were. The brownies were 3 points each, but two adds up to 6 pts? OK! I am going to work very hard on getting the overeating sweets problem under control. But will I admit to this at the WW meeting tonight? I wonder??? You know, when you say it aloud to God and another person, you must do something about it.
Thank you my friends for your continued support and for helping me see that I am not alone in my struggle. On a better note, I did walk extra on the treadmill this morning.

Linda
Old 05-06-2010, 12:08 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Hi everyone. Just checking in. Add me to the list. I know stress triggers it for me, not to mention the inequality of my household and feeling dumped on all the time and never getting to make any choices. I'm still trying. Had a real workout yesterday, when I unloaded lots of extra weight from the house. We have downsized and it is so hard to decide what to keep. We have already given so much away that I was stuck. My youngest son started offering suggestions - this week he is my favorite lol -- and he actually helped. There was a lighter feeling in the house when I got up today. I'm hoping as I get some control in that area, maybe I will be able to better control what I eat and how I eat. I know it is encouraging to hear all the positives and how well everyone is doing (and I am encouraged), but for me, it feels so lonely and isolated when I'm not doing well. Thank you for sharing. Mother's Day just crept up on me. Seems now all I can think about is ice-cream cake from DQ. lol It won't happen, but if I had my car, I might be tempted to get one, but I won't walk several miles for it. lol Hang in there - we are truly in this together. Excellent that you are still getting in the exercise. You are still burning calories and the more muscle you build, the more fat you burn. Keep it up. You are doing better than you think. :-) Big Hugs to you.