"Weigh In"

Old 05-25-2010, 07:56 AM

Here is another excerpt from one of Jonathan Roche's e-mails. I thought this was worth sharing since we may need a pat on the back, or maybe a little nudge:

. . .How did your summer cloths fit when you pulled them out?
Don’t let this question scare you because “it is what it is”. You can’t do anything about the past; all you can do is embrace today as a New Day and then get after it.

If your summer clothes are loose or are way too big:
Congratulations! You have had a great last 6+ months and you should be Very Proud of Yourself! You have earned it by staying consistent with your workouts and making your health a top priority. Good stuff!

If your summer clothes fit just about the same:
• Celebrate that you did not gain any weight in the last 6 months or so!
• If you were trying to lose weight and/or get in amazing shape over the last 6 months and did not, then be straight with yourself about what excuses you made to avoid achieving results.
• Re-commit to making your health a top-priority starting today and follow my lead!

If your summer clothes are very tight or you can’t fit into them:
• You need to be completely honest with yourself and stop making excuses like you have no time (do you watch TV or spend time online each day?) and start making your health a top-priority.
• I suggest you read every one of my daily posts, schedule your workouts in your calendar (actual days and times), write your goals on a piece of paper and post them on your fridge and then Make Today your January 1st!
• You (yes, YOU) deserve to have tons of energy, to be an upbeat and positive person, to be healthy and to jump out of bed every morning. And you can do all that by staying consistent with your workouts and following my lead. Yes you can!
My 15 Secrets to Better Health can serve as your roadmap to the high-energy and healthy version of yourself that you deserve to be:
http://www.bigtent.com/usr/files/204...ter_Health.doc
Old 05-27-2010, 02:24 AM

Thanks laparshall for the great info piece and the link. It is worth everyone's time to read!

I have not been exercising like I was and I know I need to get going again. Though, I was happy this morning when the scales said I lost 2 lbs!! Have you ever noticed losing weight doesn't happen overnight? :lol: :lol: It's the sticking with it or getting back on it when you fell off the wagon that counts.

A few set backs doesn't mean you've failed, it just means you have to be honest with yourself and get back on your healthier lifestyle changes again. Thanks everyone for being here for me and I want to encourage you to keep trying!!
Old 05-27-2010, 07:35 AM

Whoa Lneal - a loss of 2 lbs -you are doing so good!!!! That is wonderful - that is just how you are suppose to take it off slow and easy. Well I am not sure about the easy (LOL) but slow for sure. Congratulations on a job well done.

Carole
Old 05-27-2010, 08:25 AM

Great job on that 2 lb loss, LNeal. It is so worth it to stick with it, or get right back to it when you think you have fallen off the wagon. I keep thinking about next year in January, we are going to be so glad that we have stuck together and supported each other. Even if we do nothing else but maintain our current weight. Before I was steady gaining, and complaining. And here we are coming up on 6 months of supporting each other. Sticking to it for this long is a big improvement over other things I've tried. Thanks to all who are still sticking to it, even if you are just popping in to read and have no comments to leave. I hope everyone is doing well.
Pool gets opened this weekend. . .yet another way to get in activity. And my bathing suit is going to look so much better on me this year. . .
Old 06-01-2010, 11:52 AM

Hows everyone doing? Iv'e decided to join our local weight watchers this Thurs. It's a great weight loss plan and 4 yrs ago I lost 40lbs doing the program. I appreciate all the help and support here on this thread and it has been encouraging to hear from everyone who has lost. Keep up the good job girls we still need each other no matter what we are doing to lose. Anyone having success?
Old 06-01-2010, 12:05 PM

lneal: Good luck with Weight Watchers. The program has changed since 4 years ago, but I think you will like it. I like it a lot more than before. Just seems less complicated.

I lost .2 at my weigh in last week. I know it isn't a lot, but I thought I would have a gain. I have been having a terrible arthritis flare up during the past few weeks. I don't seem to be able to get it under control. Every fiber in my body was swollen last week, and I didn't even want to step on the scale. So I was happy with that little bitty loss. Hopefully I will see a bigger loss this week.

Linda
Old 06-01-2010, 12:31 PM

I would like to know how the winner lost 21 lbs in one month. What plan is she on and how is she doing it?

Carole
Old 06-01-2010, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by carolevidak
I would like to know how the winner lost 21 lbs in one month. What plan is she on and how is she doing it?

Carole
Wow! 21 lbs in one month. That is fantastic. I'd be interested in hearing from her too? Who was it?
Old 06-01-2010, 02:22 PM

You must be talking about the person who lost the most weight for the fq reward in May. Maybe she will post how she did it. Will be interesting to know what plan she was on.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:26 PM

Go over to their site - she posted something.

Carole

Do you realize that is 5 lbs a week for 4 weeks - OMG - She is certainly dedicated. Wish I could do that.