"Weigh In"

Old 02-09-2010, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by quiltylori
Hi Everyone...I love this website...quilting and weight loss! I have been on a weight loss/gain all of my life. Right now my hubby and I are on a year long journey to see how much we can lose in one year. We started last July 7 and so far have lost 57 pounds. It has been a slow loss, about 8 pounds a month, but it has been the best "diet" I've been on. Need to lose more, so I will be coming back here for encouragement and to give encouragement to others.
Welcome quiltylori! Wow! 57 pounds! You are my hero.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:21 AM

I had posted earlier on this thread and I really need to truly watch it daily and get going. When I became pregnant in 2005 I was 270 pounds :-( Throughout my pregnancy I lost weight and I came home from the hospital after having my 9 pound daughter at 198. I started to gain it all back and decided no this is not the direction I want to go in so to the gym I headed. Well in December of 2008 I became ill and ended up just crashing. I eat poorly when I don't feel well and I started back up. I could not go to the gym due to the working out could have caused severe complications for me. In July of 2009 they put a shunt in my spine to alleviate the pressure on my brain and my doctor recommended I get the weight off by swimming-where does one swim when it is 10 degrees outside?? I am starting this thread at 252 :-( Let's see what happens.
Hugs
April
Old 02-09-2010, 04:42 AM

April, do you have a college near you that has an indoor pool? The one near here allows community members to purchase passes, so anyone can swim - restricted to the hours the pool is not being used for the college swim team & classes. Just a thought...

You will do well. We are all here to cheer you on!
Old 02-09-2010, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
April, do you have a college near you that has an indoor pool? The one near here allows community members to purchase passes, so anyone can swim - restricted to the hours the pool is not being used for the college swim team & classes. Just a thought...

You will do well. We are all here to cheer you on!
I actually work on a university campus and purchased a pass to their gym facility so I could use the pool. I can get there at 6am but the pool is already full (and that is when they open!) and I can not go after work as it is there for the swim team at that time and my work is an hour from home so it is tough for sure....I will get there I just have to really stay focused.
Thank you for the encouragement!
Hugs
April
Old 02-09-2010, 05:07 AM

My mom used to swim over lunch hour, and then go back to work... Maybe something like that? Of course, the way lunches are now, you probably don't have an hour.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
My mom used to swim over lunch hour, and then go back to work... Maybe something like that? Of course, the way lunches are now, you probably don't have an hour.
I would love to do that but my lunch hour falls in another no swim restriction time :-( I am thinking about digging up my basement and putting in an indoor pool in my basement...at this point it would be easier. I had contemplated one of those endless pool things but it is like $20,000! Good Grief!
Hugs
April
Old 02-09-2010, 05:19 AM

My husband really needed to lose some weight too and he is now down 18 pounds since Christmas while I am a paltry 6.5 pounds. (Though I keep telling myself that is almost a sack of flour that my heart and bones aren't dragging around anymore) What is it about men? THey say, "I'm going to lose weight" and poof its gone!! We were going to take a year to lose the weight and he'll have his gone by Easter!
Old 02-09-2010, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by Mamagus
My husband really needed to lose some weight too and he is now down 18 pounds since Christmas while I am a paltry 6.5 pounds. (Though I keep telling myself that is almost a sack of flour that my heart and bones aren't dragging around anymore) What is it about men? THey say, "I'm going to lose weight" and poof its gone!! We were going to take a year to lose the weight and he'll have his gone by Easter!
I hear you Mama! It seems like that commercial I see for SlimQuick the man looses 5 people and she looses her boobs...really not fair!
Congrats on the 6.5-remember for every pound you loose it is 8 pounds less your knees have to support!
Hugs
April
Old 02-09-2010, 05:31 AM

Welcome to all the new faces!! We're here to support and encourage you and you can add your suggestions too. I need all the help I can get!!
Did lose 2 lbs FINALLY!! The suggestions for soup and low cal frozen dinners have reallly helped me after work. I don't just grab whatever's around and then graze all evening. I'm still packing 100 calorie snacks for work and that seems to help,too. Drug reps are always bringing bagel, cookies, etc., and I haven't even been tempted.
You guys are the greatest inspiration!!
Off to work-have a healthy eating day. Stay warm and safe-we're supposed to get 8-10 more inches of snow on top of our 23 inches. (I hate snow!!)
Old 02-09-2010, 05:37 AM

Jan
Is that a dal mix in your avatar? Just precious!
Congrats on the 2 lbs-everything counts in this battle for a new lifestyle :-)
Hope you have a great day!
Hugs
April