"Weigh In"

Old 02-20-2010, 09:15 AM

Mrs. Mel - wonderful job this week!! Keep up the terrific work.

Welcome Judy, I am so glad that you joined us. I am doing the WW program without the meetings. What diet are you on?
Sounds like you are doing fantastic with the exercise. It is just wonderful that you enjoy it so much.

Again, Welcome.

Carole
Old 02-20-2010, 09:58 AM

Thanks Carole.

I'm not on a specific 'diet' as I SIMPLY HATE that word. So, I am on a new eating plan for better/simpler eating for healthier life.

It's simple for me:
1. very little white anything(potatoes, rice, bread etc)
2. good fats (watch the quantity..olives, avacado,olive oil, etc.)
3. 6-8 fruits & veggies a day (can't eat a lot of fresh salads, as have shortened bowel system due to 5 diff. re-section surgeries)
4. no sodas or coffee at all; only 1% milk, water, hot tea (love the chai tea, green tea, herbal teas)
5. no more sandwiches w/lunch meat/mayo at lunch; no chips
6. big breakfasts (even bacon or sausage, o.j. or v8, eggs (only 3-4 per week) 7 grain english muffins, grits, cream of wheat...no cold cereals)
7. big big lunches (leftovers meat/veggies..cottage cheese w/tomatoes, tuna on low fat triscuits)
9. apple/banana/grapes separate snack about 4pm
8. supper later...up to 7:30pm: big protein/meat, 2-3 fresh cooked or frozen veggies, sometimes salad or just radishes/tomatoes/mini carrots, fruit about an hour later.
9. sometimes popcorn mini-bag for salty snack

homemade soups, no processed foods, no frozen entre's like lean cuisine, etc..as there's too many chemicals in them, doing a lot more cooking w/boneless chicken breasts/fish/shrimp/hamburger/pork chops/beef

I cannot use the fake sugar substitutes hardly at all, as they make my joints ache badly and give me headaches. So, I just go ahead & use 1 tsp sugar in a 2 cup pot of hot tea.

I feel sooooooo much better since eating a little more natural (not a fanatic on this subject...just less processed, ready to go foods)and my grocery bill is less, not more. Have to go to the store more often for fresh veggies & fruit, milk, o.j. but that's ok.

Sorry....this is kinda long to explain it.

Judy
Old 02-20-2010, 10:07 AM

Welcome, Judy. Sounds like you have a really sensible plan that any of us could follow. Lots of my patients belong to Silver Sneakers-great program. Send us any other suggestions too-I can always use the help.
Everyone is doing great.
I guess if we wanted to be scientific about this (and I don't) we should have done measurements of our body parts before starting. (No!! I don't want to know!!) People that are excersizing may not see the pounds lost but would see more inches lost. (Muscle weighs more than fat so strenghthening muscles would not show up as weight loss)
I think we've all set our own goals-all of them good-and seem to be sticking with them. We're all doing great and leading healthier lives.
Yay for us!!
Old 02-20-2010, 10:30 AM

Judy, I am impressed - you have really thought this thing out - good for you. As long as it is working for you that is all that counts.

I have only been on here for - let's see - 2 weeks tomorrow, and I have lost 6 lbs. But boy do I have to watch everything that I eat. I log in everything. It makes me think about what I am about to eat. One new things for me , and one that everyone here recommends, is that I am now trying to drink more water. I never use to drink water before - but now I am up to 4 - 8oz glasses. Hope to keep increasing it.

Carole
Old 02-20-2010, 11:54 AM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

Originally Posted by BrendaB
Originally Posted by Alu_Rathbone
I think that would be a good idea... but we need to have a place to list weight loss... hmmm... kind of like how they do the partners and stuff for the swaps... each week we list what our loss was for that week... This way we can keep tabs... like how they do on that show biggest loser...

EX:

Name: Alu_Rathbone
Starting Weight: 250 lbs
Previous Weight: 240 lbs
Week 3: 235 lbs

This is just an example of what we could have listed. I know the weight won't come off that quickly!! It's just an example.

Plus we have this thread for encouragement!!
Ok, gotta tell ya, not putting my weight on there. LOL. Amount lost is okay, but not the WHOLE thing. Wah!!!
I won't put my weight down either. :lol: :lol:

This is too confusing I thought it could be simple. You just have to say you want to be part of the rewards/insentive and keep track of your own loss from March 1 - June 30 whoever lost the most wins. Then the first week in July we send the winner the fabric. If it is a tie they split it. Or we could have 1st biggest looser gets FQ and the 2nd get F1/8's. There are about 30 people doing this so even if half did it with a reward the winner would get around 15 FQ for a total of around 3 yds fabric. THIS WOULD BE ON THE HONOR SYSTEM of weight loss. If anyone has any interest in doing this even if it is only a couple of people post a comment.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:01 PM

Count me in. Do we start with what our weight is on March 1st? I don't care about putting my weight down. We are all in the same boat and it is not like we are going to tell anyone or make fun of anyone.

So let's see - we put down our goal for the next 6 months, and weekly we will put down how much we lost. Is this right? Isn't that what we are doing now? But the one who loses the most amount will get the fat quarters.

Okay that sounds simple enough. March 1st all who are participating will log in their goals, and every Monday thereafter we will log in our loss for that week.

Carole

PS Who is going to keep track of the losses?
Old 02-20-2010, 12:18 PM

Hi everyone, wow, 2 lbs in a week, that's super. Welcome Judy, we are a nice big bunch but we will be less eventually. ha
Have any of you tried that Laughing Cow cheese? I keep seeing ads for it but haven't tried it. It sounds good. Have a good day everyone. I am going to just laze around. I have picked up a cough and sound like a frog today. Don't feel bad, but I'm taking Zicam and it puts me to sleep for some reason.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:35 PM

Pat, Hope you feel better and rested soon.
I have tried that cheese and I think it is really good. I forget the points but I think it is 1 or 2 per serving. Great on crackers when you are craving regular cheese. Worth a try.

Feel better soon.

Carole
Old 02-20-2010, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach
Just a thought, what if we would have a reward every 3 months. It would have to be on the honor system of weight loss, but whoever lost the most in that 3 month period of time we send FQ. If it is a tie we could send fat 1/8 or somthing like that. The options are open right now. We could start on March 1 and end June 1. Everyone would have to keep track of their own weight loss. What do you think???????????
Sounds like a good idea that trupeach has here although there has to be some fine tuning or I should say some specifics on the incentive reward. I would want a different thread for this "Weigh In Reward Program" If anyone would like to head that up please feel free to do so or I can continue it. I don't want to appear to have any final say so, because everyone's input is important.

Since this thread will keep going on the interest of participants involved it might be best to go month by month instead of 3 mo at a time. We could then reward the top loser for the month with 1 FQ or 1/8 from each of us. Starting March 1 we can post on the new thread that we are signing in and at the end say March 30 weigh in with the lbs lost. This way it will be fair we all start the same day and we know for sure who is participating for that month. Then if someone didn't get in on the incentive reward in March they could in April.

Keep posting those ideas and maybe we can get this going in the right direction.

Linda
Old 02-20-2010, 12:50 PM

Linda, monthly sounds good to me.

Carole