"Weigh In"

Old 03-03-2010, 12:15 PM

I'd love to hear suggestions!
Old 03-03-2010, 12:38 PM

Me too :D :-D That is one of my hardest habits to overcome especially in the evenings.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:42 PM

It isn't "free" (but only 2 pts) - a toasted half whole wheat pita smeared with a triangle of laughing cow swiss & sprinkled with zatar (a middle eastern seasoning). (You could sprinkle it w/pizza seasoning too!) I love it - it makes me feel like I'm really eating something "good"!
Old 03-03-2010, 12:55 PM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

My fav new dessert.........

1/4 c ricotta cheese
1/8 tsp vanilla extract
a sprinkle of baking cocoa

Mix the ricotta and vanilla, sprinkle with cocoa

The ricotta is 1 serving of protein the vanilla is free and cocoa is ONLY 15 calories for 2 tbsp so the sprinkle on top is also free. If it isn't sweet enough as is you could add artifical sweetner.

I am good all day but once I have dinner it seems I can't stop eating the rest of the night until about 11pm. I snack on popcorn. I put 1 cup in a bowl and eat a few pieces at a time as I pass the bowl. I also drink a cup of chicken broth which will fill me up for a little while, and that is free on every diet. I also make a coffee shake, I think it is the air in the shake that is filling. I use ice cold coffee and fat free milk and whip it in the blender. jello is another good filler upper. I make my own using fruit juice and plain knox gelatin. I am eating a lot but everything is healthy so I can eat non stop and still loose weight. Another good one is lettuce wraps, fill a lettuce leaf with grated carrot, chopped apple and cheese. Or anything else you would put in a wrap once agian it will fill you up. It is a salad without the bowl, and you just eat it right out of your hand, a good finger food. Hummus in a lettuce wrap is good too. Beans take longer to digest so anything with beans will stop the craving. Add beans to your salad, it doesn't have to be a lot a spoonful or 2 is enough. There is such an assortment of beans to choose from and they are all pack with protein. Put beans in veggie soup, even if it isn't homemade soup open a can of soup and an can of red beans heat and serve.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:00 PM

I am gonna try that one !!! Thanks for sharing

Carole
Old 03-03-2010, 01:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by trupeach
My fav new dessert.........

1/4 c ricotta cheese
1/8 tsp vanilla extract
a sprinkle of baking cocoa

Mix the ricotta and vanilla, sprinkle with cocoa

The ricotta is 1 serving of protein the vanilla is free and cocoa is ONLY 15 calories for 2 tbsp so the sprinkle on top is also free. If it isn't sweet enough as is you could add artifical sweetner.

I am good all day but once I have dinner it seems I can't stop eating the rest of the night until about 11pm. I snack on popcorn. I put 1 cup in a bowl and eat a few pieces at a time as I pass the bowl. I also drink a cup of chicken broth which will fill me up for a little while, and that is free on every diet. I also make a coffee shake, I think it is the air in the shake that is filling. I use ice cold coffee and fat free milk and whip it in the blender. jello is another good filler upper. I make my own using fruit juice and plain knox gelatin. I am eating a lot but everything is healthy so I can eat non stop and still loose weight. Another good one is lettuce wraps, fill a lettuce leaf with grated carrot, chopped apple and cheese. Or anything else you would put in a wrap once agian it will fill you up. It is a salad without the bowl, and you just eat it right out of your hand, a good finger food. Hummus in a lettuce wrap is good too. Beans take longer to digest so anything with beans will stop the craving. Add beans to your salad, it doesn't have to be a lot a spoonful or 2 is enough. There is such an assortment of beans to choose from and they are all pack with protein. Put beans in veggie soup, even if it isn't homemade soup open a can of soup and an can of red beans heat and serve.

I almost forgot this one this is my own recipe, I came up with it because of cravings for chocolate

Mocha Panna Cotta

2 cups HOT coffee
1 packet knox gelatin
1 packet hot cocoa mix ( I use reg but you could use sugar free)
1/4 c cold water.

In a small bowl add water and sprinkle gelatin on top. let it sit a few minutes. Put HOT coffee in a large bowl, stir in hot cocoa mix. Add water/gelatin and mix well. Pour into 4 custard cups. Refrigerate 4 hours. You will have a coffee panna cotta on top with a nice chocolately layer on the bottom.

Don't think of it as a diet, you can still eat all you want to you just have to WANT to eat differently. ;-) ;-) ;-)

MAYBE this post should have gone under RECIPIES..............TOO LATE NOW!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 03-03-2010, 01:48 PM

No please post your low cal recipes and ideas here, I don't frequent the other site, and I think it is appropriate to have them right here in what I like to consider our "safe" place.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:01 PM

More, More!!! LOL

Carole
Old 03-03-2010, 03:02 PM

I am the champion of grazers!! That's my biggest problem esp in the evenings. I got some great hints here to make sure I do eat dinner (I was just eating toast when I got home from work). Another thing that helps is making up packets of 100 cal snacks: 11 pretzels, 1 cookie, 5 Triscuits (yes I'm anal and I count every piece LOL). It seems to help when it's laying out in front of me.
Another bad habit: when I clean up after dinner and there's "just a bite" of this or that left, I'd eat it!! I bet I had 200 more calories just cleaning the dishes-I thought maybe calories don't count when you eat them standing up. I am breaking this habit pronto.
Hope these couple of hints help--please keep posting more of yours, I've learned so much here.
Good losses ladies and hope you all have a healthy eating day!!
Old 03-03-2010, 04:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by janRN
I am the champion of grazers!! That's my biggest problem esp in the evenings. I got some great hints here to make sure I do eat dinner (I was just eating toast when I got home from work). Another thing that helps is making up packets of 100 cal snacks: 11 pretzels, 1 cookie, 5 Triscuits (yes I'm anal and I count every piece LOL). It seems to help when it's laying out in front of me.
Another bad habit: when I clean up after dinner and there's "just a bite" of this or that left, I'd eat it!! I bet I had 200 more calories just cleaning the dishes-I thought maybe calories don't count when you eat them standing up. I am breaking this habit pronto.
Hope these couple of hints help--please keep posting more of yours, I've learned so much here.
Good losses ladies and hope you all have a healthy eating day!!
When you have just a bit of this or that leftover from dinner DON"T throw it out. Put it all veggies, salad, pototoes, meat what ever in a container in a few days add a beef or chicken cube to it along with water. Microwave about 5 minutes and you will have a nice cup/bowl of soup. I hate to waste anything I am a minimalist and that is how I survive on the income I receive. :-D :-D :-D