Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • *sigh*  I need some advice :( >
  • *sigh* I need some advice :(

• *sigh* I need some advice :(

Old 04-30-2010, 11:03 PM

I think it helped that you knew what was bugging you the most - - that you needed to know why he didn't tell you right away ...

My family hates it, but when I REALLY want to get down to the knitty gritty of something, I will say: "We need a family meeting"
    Everyone knows that means that we are all going to sit down and say whatever we want until everyone understands that it is all going to be done my way - - and, you had best be HAPPY about it!
    (at least I give them a warning <g> now that they are all grown up? They try to get things solved REALLY quickly ... LOL) Actually, the most important thing about "we need a family meeting" - - it was clearly understood ... we were not going to stop talking until EVERYONE understands the problems and the solutions.

Think about what Sasha does in a day ... here you have a very healthy, capable, physically fit man who sits around pushing a pencil all day ... did you know that breathing office air and trying to rise above the politics of personality clashes is EXTREMELY unhelpful for dealing with emotional burdens??? or frustrations or anxieties and problem solving ....

at some point in the day, the man has got to blow off steam ... he blames all sorts of things because he hasn't handled things back at work, I am thinking.
    I am wondering if he doesn't need some more physical work to do to help him control his outbursts ... I mean ... if you have enough energy to get all exorcised over a remote control or a video game, you have obviously not been working hard enough yet ...
    know what I mean? (Lord! I AM starting to sound like my mother! <g>)
    We live in a day when some consider callouses on our hands to be beneath our station - - so, for physical labor of some sort, people substitute raquet ball or tennis or golf or jogging ... but, physical labor PRODUCES something ... that other stuff just moves your body around ... for some reason, the calories used may be the same, but the results to our bodies and brains are not the same at all ...
    glad y'all got it worked out. <wave>
    Old 04-30-2010, 11:15 PM
    Administrator

this conversation is best continued in a PDA.