Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • **DONATED Box Tops**  2010-2011 school year >
  • **DONATED Box Tops** 2010-2011 school year

• **DONATED Box Tops** 2010-2011 school year

Old 06-01-2011, 08:06 AM

I just wanted to post one great big THANK YOU instead of a bunch of little pms to all you wonderful quilters who sent my boys box tops and campbells soup labels this year.

Some of you trickled in the box tops through the year and others sent good size bags a couple times. I just want you to know how much you mean to us as a family and the school our boys go to.

This year, the school earned almost 1000.00 in box tops. At .10 each, that's 10,000 box tops! The school cut the funding for field trips a few years ago. The kids were restricted to one trip at the end of the year and the cost was averaged out per student, down to 1 or 2.00 per student per trip.

For the 2011-12 school year, each grade is going to be alloted 3 field trips, instead of one, and at ZERO cost to the students. They are getting 2 "educational" trips and 1 "fun" trip to encourage children to exercise.

Last year, the quilters that donated tops and labels earned the school brand new gym equipment. Now the PTA and the box top team are not only guaranteeing 3 times as many field trips, but also there are lots of little extras that are implemented throughout the school to encourage the kids to have fun while they are learning. Lots of prizes for drawings as well as little competitions. For the classroom that brought in the most reading logs, for example, they got a huge pizza party for them and they had the opportunity to invite their parents as well.

Long story short: THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

You all have done so much to boost up the boys' school. While they do receive a bit more funding than most schools due to their special education school within a school, they have budget cuts everywhere too. Thanks to your generosity simply sending in labels and box tops, you've increased the morale of the students and the staff. We couldn't have provided our kids with so much without your help.

Thanks again,

The Peters Family
    Melissa
    Rueben - 10
    Tyler - 9
    Mason - 7
    Old 06-01-2011, 09:10 AM

Melissa I save them and send them to my grandson for his school too. I know when I worked at the school they got lots of neat freebies from Campbells soup. I can't remember what all they sent, there were pencils, I think books for the library too. Our state lottery says they allot a certain amount to donate to schools. I don't think it's very much. crafty_linda_b