500 Channels.........

Old 04-07-2010, 04:16 AM

Oh, don't forget; the price never goes down. We're watching less t.v this year; You just get tired of all the drama and conflict. reality t.v. is out of control. More music ( LOVE that Ipod!) more reading, more handwork, and now that winter's over ( mostly) more outside for us.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:20 AM

I have to agree, I wasn't feeling good yesterday and was forced to be a couch pototoe and w/ the exception of Dr. Quinn wasn't a darn thing on to watch. I live for my thursdays at 4:00. quiting arts, fons & porter. HGTV used to be my favorite channel because certain days were all crafts day but how many house shows can one really watch. Sure wish the tv stations would listen to their viewers.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:53 AM
Pam

Honestly, how many times does HGTV think we are really going to paint that kitchen? We quilt everyday.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:24 AM

I watch a lot of HGTV and love all the house shows, but sure would like to see more quilting and sewing shows back on.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:46 AM

I have converter boxes! We had Comcast andwhat a ripoff! 500 channels, you know the rest. We get about 15 stations, some of them all the time, some of them some of the time and some just once in a while. We get PBS on local channel 7, and it splits in 5 sub stations. Usually I can get that in the morning. Often Sewing w/Nancy, some of the craft shows. Bob Ross, and that landscape guy that goes all over Europe and messes with his student's paintings. What gets me is the million and one cooking shows...how many times can you watch Simply Ming before you reject all Asian food forever? Now, Jacques and Julia, thats more entertaining than Dancing with the Stars!
Old 04-07-2010, 07:46 AM

Hey you know all those reality shows? I think there should be one about us quilt people...hey if nothing else it might be comical.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:47 AM

PS I have written FCC to find out when they will cancel all the analog stations so I cant watch TV at all, and they just answer with "get a tall outdoor antenna" to improve your reception.

Irritates me. Anybody else do converters?
Old 04-07-2010, 09:33 AM

And now you know why I don't have cable or any other kind of fancy TV service. We have a nice plain old antannea that gets all the local channels and we use Netflix a good bit.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Pam
Originally Posted by susie0808
I miss Simply Quilts too! I refuse to pay for her online show. How about you Pam?
Not me, I save my $$ for fabric!! Going to the Paducah show this month, taking classes there. YAY!! This month!!!
How far in advance did you book yoour lodging? WAY back in August (shortly after I started quilting ) I thought the quilt show would make a nice trip for my daughter and me. There wasn't a room to be had on those dates!
Old 04-07-2010, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by craftiladi
Hey you know all those reality shows? I think there should be one about us quilt people...hey if nothing else it might be comical.
Great idea!