Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Age range of your friends and aquaintances? >
  • Age range of your friends and aquaintances?

• Age range of your friends and aquaintances?

Old 02-15-2018, 08:45 PM

Most of my friends are from my church. Except for one other lady, I'm the oldest. I am old enough to be mama to almost all my friends. Some of them call me "Mama". I don't mind. I'm 65 and love my life and my friends. My husband and I became Grammy and Poppa a year ago in March for the first time. Our son and his wife had been married 15 years so we are enjoying our little Asher. I don't think about being older because we are always busy with everyone at church. I'm thankful for all my friends no matter what age.
    Old 02-15-2018, 10:50 PM

I'm 66, and my closest friends are all within 10 years of me, with the exception of one who 37. She is one of my dearest friends, and my traveling buddy. We go on yearly trips together. I have known her for over 15 years and have watched her grow and morph into a wonderful woman. She has brought such insight into my world, and taught me so much. She always says she has an old soul!
    Old 02-15-2018, 10:50 PM

I have always had older friends, I think this started when I was a child and spent so much time with my Gran, who was a great friend. The only problem is I have lost a good many older friends due to the age catch up. I lost a very dear friend who was 94 only last year. I have two very dear friend who live close, one is 8 years older than I and the other two years younger.
    Old 02-16-2018, 03:08 PM
    Power Poster

I have friends of all ages.
    Old 02-16-2018, 03:26 PM

I am 68 and my closest friends are those from high school/college so we are close in age. I do have friends in all age groups from 20's to 80's and feel blessed to know them all and call them friends.
    Old 02-16-2018, 03:59 PM

Well, I'm 88 and DH is 90. How are we supposed to find friends our age or older.ha,ha. We are old, but, we are 2 busy people. He works in our business and I work in mine. So be it
    Old 02-16-2018, 05:35 PM

Thank you for all the replies.

I love having friends and acquaintances from a variety of backgrounds and ages. It is interesting to hear their perspectives on current affairs, our coursework and what they value.
    Old 02-16-2018, 08:38 PM

All ages if they do not have constant drama in their lives that they cause and constantly ask for advice but never follow-thru. If they add value into my life and I do theirs as well, bring it on.
    Old 02-17-2018, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by barny
    Well, I'm 88 and DH is 90. How are we supposed to find friends our age or older.ha,ha. We are old, but, we are 2 busy people. He works in our business and I work in mine. So be it
    You are wonderful to be to still self employed, we are as well, and busy people too. I agree that this situation leaves little time for too many friends. I have lots of acquaintances but very few good friends.
    Old 02-18-2018, 10:26 AM

My local quilting store has quite a diverse age group of quilters, anywhere from early 20's to those that are retired.

Part I like best is everyone respects each other and brings a diverse look at life.

At work, I get to work with mostly people younger than me, and it amazes me the energy and different ways they bring to the table to solve issues, nothing is off the table as far as coming up with solutions.