Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Am I the last person on earth to know this? >
  • Am I the last person on earth to know this?

• Am I the last person on earth to know this?

Old 06-06-2016, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie
    my repair man said to use 1/3 of what the detergent asks for. he said of course they want you to use more to make more money. I have a front loader, and he said if there are any bubbles left at the end of the wash, there is too much soap in the wash.
    Same here. i found out clothes come just as clean and dont have that soapy feeling
    Old 06-06-2016, 10:31 PM

I have a top loader washer with a cupboard above it. I use the heavy big jug of soap on the shelf of the cupboard. I pull it out a bit. open the door of the washer and open the spigot of the laundry soap jug and drip the detergent into the washer. I do not use the cup that comes with the soap because it is too much soap and makes a mess. Now I'm going to do the wool roving to further simplify my clean clothes process. I'm not sure I can get into making my own detergent. I think its too much lifting and pouring for my arthritic bones. Thanks for all the info though!
    Old 06-07-2016, 02:47 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by maryellen2u
    I have a top loader washer with a cupboard above it. I use the heavy big jug of soap on the shelf of the cupboard. I pull it out a bit. open the door of the washer and open the spigot of the laundry soap jug and drip the detergent into the washer. I do not use the cup that comes with the soap because it is too much soap and makes a mess. Now I'm going to do the wool roving to further simplify my clean clothes process. I'm not sure I can get into making my own detergent. I think its too much lifting and pouring for my arthritic bones. Thanks for all the info though!
    Maryellen2u - I make powdered detergent in the food processor and there is no heavy lifting involved. Even with a double batch. I got my wool roving today so when the mood strikes will make the dryer balls