Amanda Knox cleared...

Old 10-05-2011, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
What I don't understand is how the prosecutor in Italy still has a job. You would think with the things he has been accused of that he would not be prosecuting cases. Doesn't make sense to me...
From a news report I heard the Italian goverment postponed his appeal on his conviction for, I think fraud, so he could prosicute this case. What is he even doing in court if he is a convicted fellon himself? I don't ge their justice system any more than I understand ours sometimes.

Just saw that Nancy Grace thinks there has been a terrible miscarriage of justice. That Amanda was guilty, believed that her original statement to the police was probably really what happened. Personally I think, she like Gloria Aldred jump at any contriversal publicity they can get to keep thier faces and names out there. Just my opinion.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:22 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by valsma
Originally Posted by Sadiemae
What I don't understand is how the prosecutor in Italy still has a job. You would think with the things he has been accused of that he would not be prosecuting cases. Doesn't make sense to me...
From a news report I heard the Italian goverment postponed his appeal on his conviction for, I think fraud, so he could prosicute this case. What is he even doing in court if he is a convicted fellon himself? I don't ge their justice system any more than I understand ours sometimes.

Just saw that Nancy Grace thinks there has been a terrible miscarriage of justice. That Amanda was guilty, believed that her original statement to the police was probably really what happened. Personally I think, she like Gloria Aldred jump at any contriversal publicity they can get to keep thier faces and names out there. Just my opinion.
I agree, it just makes no sense to me...

I noticed that Nancy Grace is really trying to stay in the media since she started Dancing With the Stars. I don't get DWTS, so I don't know much about her progress with that.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:07 AM

The news said this a.m. that the family in deeply in debt to the tune of over a million dollars. Said her Grandmother took a second mortgage on her home for $250,000.00. Credit cards maxed for cash. Those poor people. Will any of their lives ever be normal again?
Old 10-05-2011, 02:36 PM

I will not judge her. Like others have said only she and God know the truth. But I will say this, I don't care to travel ANYWHERE outside of the good old USA in these difficult times.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:31 PM

Financially in the end I think she and her family will be okay. You can bet there is great intrest in her story. Publishers and magazines will be fighting to get her story.
Right now it is probably a race to see who can get the first post verdict interview with her, and many of them will probably not mind parting with lots of money to get it.
I hope she helps her family get out from under the money strain their fighting for her put on them.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:37 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by valsma
Financially in the end I think she and her family will be okay. You can bet there is great intrest in her story. Publishers and magazines will be fighting to get her story.
Right now it is probably a race to see who can get the first post verdict interview with her, and many of them will probably not mind parting with lots of money to get it.
I hope she helps her family get out from under the money strain their fighting for her put on them.
They also said on the news that people are donating money to them.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:05 PM

I am extremely glad she is back home. From what the news reports, her family & friends kept raising money to help her family. Grandmother mortgaged her home, supposedly.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:53 AM
Banned

Her poor parents have to be broke trying to get this settled.

ref above, what about those of Meredith Kercher?
Old 10-09-2011, 10:34 AM

please give us a break.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:40 PM
Power Poster

Now they are claiming that she was sexually harrassed in the Italian Prison, and might sue for a lot of money...