Amazon??

Old 05-05-2011, 12:18 PM
Power Poster

Well that was quick ... fastest I've ever been picked up in a call queue, I'm sure!!

For those interested, she also gave me call centre #'s from Canada, for future use ... and order # info.
Amazon.ca 1-877-586-3230
Order #s begin with 701 or 702

Amazon.com 1-866-216-1072
Order #s begin with 10 or 00

According to her check, I do/did not have an order on dot ca.
And should check with dot com

Here's a little trivia ... while she was checking dot ca info, she is located at a call centre in North Dakota! Just something I often ask, out of curiosity!
Old 05-05-2011, 12:21 PM
MTS
Banned

Yikes, sorry it was a toll call. I thought it might be as it specifically said intl customers.

So, you're back to square one.

Put the book back in your cart, hit the PLACE ORDER button, and you should be all set.

After you place the order, come back and let us know.
What book was it btw (only if you want to share)?
Old 05-05-2011, 07:28 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MTS
Yikes, sorry it was a toll call. I thought it might be as it specifically said intl customers.

So, you're back to square one.

Put the book back in your cart, hit the PLACE ORDER button, and you should be all set.

After you place the order, come back and let us know.
What book was it btw (only if you want to share)?
Thanks for your patience thru all this ... I had to go to a meeting tonight, so didn't come back til now.

The book I tried to order is Judy Martin's Log Cabin Quilt Book ... not so much for the LC patterns, but for the borders that look like they are done log cabin, piano key, bargello and end up with a scalloped lookm with a straight edge.

Now if anyone else has a pattern (preferably free!) that accomplishes what I want ... I'm all game, rather than ordering.

I first saw the same diea on thequiltshow.com in their BOM starting in May and want to use it on a quilt I have started.

There's no rush as a long time til I'll have it finished. And so, maybe with what happened, it's a sign I should hold off on ordering and keep it on the back burner and keep looking?
Old 05-06-2011, 02:53 AM

I order lots of books from Amazon and mostly they are from third parties. Almost all are shipped within three days and received within a week after shipping. Definitely, my favorite place to purchase books on-line.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE
Well that was quick ... fastest I've ever been picked up in a call queue, I'm sure!!

For those interested, she also gave me call centre #'s from Canada, for future use ... and order # info.
Amazon.ca 1-877-586-3230
Order #s begin with 701 or 702

Amazon.com 1-866-216-1072
Order #s begin with 10 or 00

According to her check, I do/did not have an order on dot ca.
And should check with dot com

Here's a little trivia ... while she was checking dot ca info, she is located at a call centre in North Dakota! Just something I often ask, out of curiosity!
At least she was in a call centre on this continent!

:P
Old 05-06-2011, 04:47 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quilter on the eastern edge
At least she was in a call centre on this continent!

:P
You are SO right ... that's partly why I have got in the habit of asking! Poor thing, she had such a bad cold and could hardly talk. I ended up telling her that she should go home for the day!! :)

The other plus was that she was not talking from a script .... you know how the CCs are ... If caller says X tell them A then if they say Y, tell them B. Then if Yes, C answer or if it's No, D answer .... and if you don't fall into the right slot, you just get one of the options, even if it doesn't fit.

Can you tell that I am not a fan of CCs!!!!!!! :0)
Old 05-06-2011, 05:05 AM

I know a lot of people like Amazon I DON"T I have tried them 3 times not only are they slow but they never sent the right book that I ordered and they keep the credit card number I do not like that so only order where they use pay pal and I have some protection
Old 05-06-2011, 05:23 AM
MTS
Banned

Originally Posted by Dodie
I know a lot of people like Amazon I DON"T I have tried them 3 times not only are they slow but they never sent the right book that I ordered and they keep the credit card number I do not like that so only order where they use pay pal and I have some protection
You ALWAYS have protection for purchases made on your credit card. Next time you receive a wrong item and you can't get it resolved with the vendor directly, contact your cc and file a chargeback. If you send the item back, make sure you do it according to the instructions from your cc (must have Delivery Confirmation, trackable, whatever).
Old 05-06-2011, 05:32 AM

One thing that Amazon does is really important to a forgetful person like me. If I go look a specific book, and I have already ordered it, there's a message right above the title of the book that says: Instant Order Update for Renee Smith: You purchased this item on (date). This is one of the reasons why I am a big Amazon fan.

This really comes in handy for all the free Kindle books I download. I only download them once - not every time I notice the book and think it looks interesting!
Old 05-06-2011, 05:34 AM
MTS
Banned

Originally Posted by QuiltE
but for the borders that look like they are done log cabin, piano key, bargello and end up with a scalloped lookm with a straight edge.
You know, I'm pretty sure I recently did this. Or I was on thread with someone who drew it up. But it was the same issue. I'm really getting a deja vu feeling about this exact project.

Anyway, wait until your quilt center is done so you know what your measurements are and I can whip up something in EQ that could be easily pieced. You'd know the exact measurement to use to fit the swoops and arcs in the border.

btw, I'm not familiar with that exact back, but Judy Martin's books are terrific. They're very well written with detailed instructions. Her Creative Pattern Book is definitely near the top of my list of favorites. One of these days I'll get around to making her Shakespeare-In-The-Park quilt.

Sorry for the long link - apparently you can't use tinyurl's here.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...w=1280&bih=580