Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Animal lovers will gather here >
  • Animal lovers will gather here

• Animal lovers will gather here

Old 12-10-2009, 08:46 AM
    Banned

MollieSue,
    I would LOVE to have a cat or kitten but I am DEATHLY allergic to them. The doctor thought when I was 8 years old ad found out about all my allergies, that I would out-grow some of them, which I have. But not Cats. If I even go into a room where a cat or kitten has even been, my face swells up, turns red like someone has slapped my face, my breathing gets hard and then it's off to the ER for a bunch of shots and treatment.
    And the older I get, the worse it gets, soit's not worth it to me to even think about getting a cat or kitten. I'm jealous.
    But I still go on everyday..........lol
    Your Furry babiesare very very cute. And it's nice to see they are interested in sewing also......haha
    Happy Holidays
    Bev
    Old 12-10-2009, 08:54 AM

Here are my 3 loves. Left to right. Sasha, Taffy, Tarsha. My two bigger dogs are Shelties for the Sheltie Rescue on line. Taffy our Maltese mix is a sad story. She was in a puppy mill. You can see where she has just been spayed. Sorry I can find a way to add the pictures. I did go to How To post Pictures but that didn't help.
    Old 12-10-2009, 09:21 AM
    Power Poster

I too have taken in 3 dogs, and 6 kittens over the years. 2 of the dogs needed medical care, We still have one - a large mixed breed and in years past - a toy poodled that was dumped, and was given a yorky mix. The kittens were all healthy, All my pets are neutered/spayed and all kittens declawed, so they don't tear up my furniture - all are kept in fenced yards, when outside, and cats kept in the house, for all their safety. I have 2 toy poodles real close to 15 Yr.s old and still going strong and the big dog, I have to keep him away from the poodles for their saftey, he doesn't like other dogs, was kept tied up in his old place, away from other dogs,he is about 12 and in good health.
    Old 12-10-2009, 09:47 AM
    Power Poster

I love seeing all of the pictures of your furbabys :D:D:D
    I have allergys to most dogs and cats, so I cannot have any of my own... BUT I do enjoy spoiling my family and friends furbabys 8-) 8-) 8-)
    Old 12-10-2009, 09:52 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by MollieSue
    I always totally love the photos of everyones furry kids!!! I'm finally getting back to some sewing today, and my assistant thought he'd help out..... Had to get some pics of him, and thought I'd share them here.
    :) :)
    MollySue,

I have seen programs on TV where a cat swallowed a needle with string, so I was very concerned about the pic of your kitty taking out pins. Don't know if you are aware of the sewing room danger.

Now we have 2 dogs (Heidi and Sadie), 2 cats (Mr. Bean - Monty is camera shy), and Merle the horse.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-58456.jpe   attachment-58457.jpe   attachment-58458.jpe  
    Old 12-10-2009, 09:58 AM

Awww look at Merle-How cute!!
    Hugs
    April
    All the furbabies are cute actually :-)
    Old 12-10-2009, 10:06 AM

Here are some of my babies.

Sophie and Orangey
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]57768[/ATTACH]

Maggie in her hunting vest
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]57769[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-57768.jpe   attachment-57769.jpe  
    Old 12-10-2009, 11:22 AM

ALL of your animals are so darling. We lost our granddog, Lucy about 2 1/2 years ago and haven't gotten another dog. We keep thinking we'll save the "dog" space for some poor old pupper who needs us to grow older with. We do foster kitties for local animal rescue. We have an 8 day old baby now that we are feeding every couple hours around the clock. She's very tiny, very cute and very opinionated if we are late with the bottle!

"Patience" 6 days Old
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]58332[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-58332.jpe  
    Old 12-10-2009, 01:11 PM

Maggie is actually a rescue. She was chained to a doghouse in about 110 degree weather when she was a puppy. She had almost no hair. My vet told me about her and I just couldn't sleep at night thinking about her. She was left all day without food and water. I wasn't ready for a dog at the time because we had just put our 15 yo German Shorthair Pointer down due to cancer but.......I wanted to sleep at night too....Maggie is now 3 and has been a great dog.
    Old 12-10-2009, 01:25 PM

Our furbaby is Misty. She was born on July 4th, 2006 . We found her in a box of kittens being given away in front of our local grocery store. She is half Siamese and when we brought her home she had Siamese markings. She has beautiful Misty blue eyes......that's where she got her name. She has grown into a beautiful Tabby. Quite a surprise to us......she didn't start changing colors until she was about 10 months old. She is very spoiled.......she knows how to use those misty blue eyes to get what she wants. She loves to lay on my writing desk in the computer room and help me with my crafts. She does have to inspect all the quilts and projects that I make.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-57778.jpe   attachment-57779.jpe