Happy Anniversary! Beautiful picture.
    Old 02-08-2011, 09:01 PM

is'nt God great
    Old 02-08-2011, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by biscuitqueen
    is'nt God great
    YES He is wonderful!!! :thumbup:
    Old 02-09-2011, 11:38 AM

Congratulations! and thank you for the pics. Took me back, my husband and I celebrated our 25 up there, with a cruise/ tour. I'm so glad we did, that was pre-accident. Talkeetna sounds so familiar, is that the town that Northern Exposure was based on?
    He wore his BP hat and at the time, got a lot of second glances because of it. For years we've thought of moving up there, he would have a job, but now I'm glad we didn't, mostly because of health care. A couple of the guys he worked with moved
    Anyway, cute story behind a grat pic!
    Old 02-09-2011, 12:50 PM

What a wonderful day for the two of you and congrats, many more to you.
    Old 02-10-2011, 06:50 PM

Happy Anniversary! Looks like you both are still having fun after all these years!

It was fun talking with you and seeing your place back in October at our beach getaway! Remember the tour you took us on? You had a lot less snow at that point! :) Seeing the snow definitely makes me not want to go back to AK in the winter! Maybe someday I'll go back but only in the summer!
    Old 03-12-2011, 01:11 PM

Congratulations on your 34th anniversary. Lucky you: beautiful mountains, wild animals, great scenery. My DH and I celebrated our 34th on December 16, 2010 but could not go anywhere because of Christmas and my wisdom teeth surgery. God's grace to you for many more years. Sandi
    Originally Posted by alaskasunshine
    This was a breathtakingly beautiful day. The sky was clear and bright. Our vista was perfect. Mountains as far as the eye could see. Today my DH and I celebrated our 34th wedding anniversary. We drove to Talkeetna and went snowshoeing. We had a wonderful time. Neither of us remembered our cameras and I was so bummed out. We pulled off the road and there was another couple enjoying the views and I asked if they would take a pix of us and email it to us. They were so sweet and so excited that we were celebrating our 34th anniversary. The young man said I'll email them right now to your home. When we got home both pix were waiting for us. We had such a wonderful day. God blessed us with safety, and we saw 10 moose, and 2 bald eagles. We went snow shoeing for about 1 hour along side the Talkeetna River.
    Thanks so much for looking at what we saw today...beauty all around us!
    Old 03-12-2011, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by KarenBarnes
    Happy Anniversary! Looks like you both are still having fun after all these years!

It was fun talking with you and seeing your place back in October at our beach getaway! Remember the tour you took us on? You had a lot less snow at that point! :) Seeing the snow definitely makes me not want to go back to AK in the winter! Maybe someday I'll go back but only in the summer!
    Hi Karen,
    Yes I do remember us all being on Skype. That was fun :-D Thanks for stopping by to say congrats. We are still having fun together after all these years. Currently we are in marathon and half marathon training. Karen have you ever snowshoed? We just started this winter and we both LOVE it :thumbup: If you come up we'll have to quilt for sure :thumbup:
    Old 03-20-2011, 10:59 AM

I have never snowshoed but i'm sure it's fun plus a good workout. Not sure if I'll ever get back to AK but would like to someday so I can see it from an adult perpective.
    Old 03-20-2011, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by KarenBarnes
    I have never snowshoed but i'm sure it's fun plus a good workout. Not sure if I'll ever get back to AK but would like to someday so I can see it from an adult perpective.
    Hi Karen,
    it's a great place to be stuck in...at least it is beautiful. It has been wickedly windy this winter even though it has been sunny and gorgeous. But on our anniversary we had perfect weather. Snowshoeing is great fun and quite a work out. Let me know if you deside to come up. We can do lunch and quilt together! :D