Another scam

Old 12-15-2022, 10:07 AM
Power Poster

Default Another scam

My older sister received a text message that her cell phone billed had been paid. All she had to do was furnish more information. Always aware, she called her cell company. They said No, payment is still due. Told her not to respond and delete message. Scammers are very active so be careful.
Old 12-15-2022, 12:57 PM

I've gotten several of those.
Old 12-16-2022, 06:51 AM

I'm always getting emails claiming they're waiting for me to execute the order I supposedly made. I just move it to "Spam" folder and delete. Same for phone calls coming in on either my landline or cellphone. If I don't recognize them I don't answer. If they really want me to call them back, they'll leave a message, otherwise I put them into my "block" mode so they have to use yet another phone number to call me with their speel.
Old 01-02-2023, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Snooze2978
I'm always getting emails claiming they're waiting for me to execute the order I supposedly made. I just move it to "Spam" folder and delete. Same for phone calls coming in on either my landline or cellphone. If I don't recognize them I don't answer. If they really want me to call them back, they'll leave a message, otherwise I put them into my "block" mode so they have to use yet another phone number to call me with their speel.
My voice mail statement says "Since I do Not know who you are by your number as it has no name attached if you want to speak to me You MUST leave a voice mail with your name, contact phone number AND the reason you are calling. IF I am interested I will return your call. Failure to follow these instructions will place you in my blocked list."

If they call again and it shows an slightly different phone number or even one that is the same as it sometimes does, I will answer "****** Police Department What is you needs?" CLICK on their end and I have a good laugh. Never to be bothered by that number again. I ALways give a different city name than where I live. It was a local Officer that told me to say Police Department.

One of my biggest email scams is "You package is ready to be shipped. Please verify your PalPal account. I DO NOT have a paypal account NEVER have had one.

Last edited by MaryKa; 01-02-2023 at 05:08 PM.
Old 01-03-2023, 04:29 AM

For those that do have Paypal accounts, there is a new scam where someone sends you a money request through PP with the scammy message ("An order was placed on your account, please call this number if it was not you...) in the message portion. You may think it is real because it really does come from Paypal. It's safe to ignore it.