Another Teddy Bear Finish

Old 06-20-2024, 11:32 AM

Default Another Teddy Bear Finish

Hi All, just wanted to share my new teddy bear finish. This one is for no one special. I had cut the parts out years ago and had it about half done. I decided to finish it since I don't have any current quilt projects. I will also be making another bear for the granddaughter of a friend of an aunt. It is a gorgeous blond mink stole and will make a beautiful bear. I was planning on making a similar outfit (well, maybe not the bloomers) for the bear out of the lining of the stole. I will have to see what the bear looks like when finished. That's when I decide what kind of accessories it may need.

Thanks for looking.
Shari
Attached Thumbnails missbearfront.jpg   missbearback.jpg  
Old 06-21-2024, 04:35 AM

Cute bear !
Old 06-21-2024, 05:34 AM

As a fellow bear maker you did a beautiful job. I also wait until bear is finished to decide how to accesorize and many times they are left bare with only a ribbon at the neck.
Old 06-21-2024, 09:00 AM

Sew cute! You are very talented
Old 06-23-2024, 03:56 AM

OMG, so cute. I love bears and have to restrain myself from adding more to my household. I have 3 on my bed and 5 in the guest room, all fairly small. One has only one eye and another has only one leg.

I used to crochet little teddy bears. I have never tried making one from fur, that sounds difficult.
Old 06-23-2024, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by ptquilts
OMG, so cute. I love bears and have to restrain myself from adding more to my household. I have 3 on my bed and 5 in the guest room, all fairly small. One has only one eye and another has only one leg.

I used to crochet little teddy bears. I have never tried making one from fur, that sounds difficult.
Real fur can be difficult to sew. It like to slide around. I have found that using scotch tape to baste works well for me, especially since I hate pinning anything.