Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Anyone dealing with bad weather >
  • Anyone dealing with bad weather

• Anyone dealing with bad weather

Old 02-02-2011, 02:22 AM

Your angels are doing great at my house, we still have power. Thank God. Praying everyone is safe and warm.
    Old 02-02-2011, 03:05 AM

IN my particular area we have snow, sleet and freezing rain, but NO wind, so we do not have any power outage so far. Hope it stays that way. NO power means no sewing,cooking, computor or any thing else. We will have heat thank goodness.
    Old 02-02-2011, 03:15 AM

Yes!
    We are snowed and iced in here in North Central Texas.
    The amount of accumulation here would likely be laughable to
    you Northerners, but we are shut down . It is currently 8 degrees, The coldest it has been in 20 years in these parts. The roads are totally iced over and I have been unable to drive the 40 miles home for 2 days and it doesn't really look like things are going to clear up enough for me to do so until Friday.
    (now I'm whining) I want to go home to my hubby and fur babies and WIP. I just know my little Featherweight is missing me!!!
    On the bright side, knowing I may very well end up in this situation, I had the foresight to pack my favorite pillow and Grandma's quilt. So it's not all bad by any stretch of the imagination!

Stay warm friends!
    Lori (makakehau)
    Old 02-02-2011, 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by sustraley
    I am dispatching angels to cover your home. Protect us from this weather. No power outage. No accidents
    Your Angels are right over me! They shut down schools and mostly everything else for the big storm......guess what, Nothing like they predicted! A few inches of snow and a little ice...that's all for us YEAH!!!!
    Old 02-02-2011, 04:12 AM

Glad you are being smart and safe to stay where you are, but I know you are anxious to go home. I was supposed to be leaving this morning to drive to West Texas, New Mexico then up to Lubbock to visit family starting this morning. Needless to say, we have postponed that trip until Friday. We are about 20 miles west of Tyler. Not quite as bad here as it is in Dallas/Ft Worth, but bad enough. Us Texans are not used to all this!
    Originally Posted by makakehau
    Yes!
    We are snowed and iced in here in North Central Texas.
    The amount of accumulation here would likely be laughable to
    you Northerners, but we are shut down . It is currently 8 degrees, The coldest it has been in 20 years in these parts. The roads are totally iced over and I have been unable to drive the 40 miles home for 2 days and it doesn't really look like things are going to clear up enough for me to do so until Friday.
    (now I'm whining) I want to go home to my hubby and fur babies and WIP. I just know my little Featherweight is missing me!!!
    On the bright side, knowing I may very well end up in this situation, I had the foresight to pack my favorite pillow and Grandma's quilt. So it's not all bad by any stretch of the imagination!

Stay warm friends!
    Lori (makakehau)
    Old 02-02-2011, 06:33 AM
    Power Poster

Everything is shut down here. Everyone stay safe!
    Old 02-02-2011, 06:48 AM

It looks like we got 6-8" of white stuff..... no freezing rain yet but it's still snowing. We may get another inch or two before it stops. I'm glad your angels have been protecting us..... Thank you...... and stay inside if you can..... warm, dry.
    Old 02-02-2011, 07:13 AM

I wish things were shut down here. I got a call about 6:15 this morning saying work was business as usual. I tried to go, I got about ONE mile from home and did a 180 into the ditch. I couldn't leave the car running as the check engine light came on and I could smell the exhaust very strongly. I got to wait about an hour for the tow truck to find me and like to have frozen. We Texans are just not used to this frigid cold. My blood is now way too thin. A hundred dollar tow bill and I decided that going to work just wasn't worth it. A lot of other co-workers must have felt the same way as it took more than a half hour on hold just to get through to the attendance line to say I wasn't coming in.