Anyone else have Yorkies?

Old 03-24-2011, 03:51 PM

My boss has 7, yes I said 7. A couple of years ago she got into showing and breeding. We have a lab-shar-pei, that thinks she's a diva foo-foo dog. Hates getting her feet wet or dirty, or any kind of normal dog sniffing, if you know what I mean. If she knew she looked like a pot-belly pig, she'd be crushed. LOL
Old 03-24-2011, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Beachbound
Mamagus, I love the quilt in your avatar!!! We saw puffins when we were in Newfoundland a few years ago. Such a beautiful country & such kind people!!!! Thank you all for what your countrymen did for us on 9-11...it won't be forgotten.
Whenever anyone mentions Newfoundland and our role in 9-11 I get teary-eyed. Thank you for remembering the day the world came to visit our little island and stayed for a week!
Old 03-24-2011, 04:26 PM

Here's the latest picture of my furbaby.....I may have to make it my avatar....what do ya'll think?? Keep the sleeping one or switch to this one???

She is so cute!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]174458[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-174452.jpe  
Old 03-24-2011, 04:31 PM

Gail, that new pic is adorable!!! Her little face is to die for :)
Old 03-24-2011, 04:37 PM

What a doll!
Old 03-24-2011, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by bluteddi
just got mom one.. we were told it was a yorkie. the vet told use he is actually a Australian Silky Yorkie... never heard of em.... but a cute little fellow...
Well, he still looks like one and very cute at that...
Old 03-24-2011, 04:42 PM

My male yorkie before he passed also scratched his bowl before he would eat or drink, the one in the picture does all kinds of funny things, she keeps me smiling all day! Only thing is she has one bad habit and I dont know how to get her to stop, I've went on the internet to find out why she does this and how to stop it, but I havent had any luck, and I rather not say what she does, cause its soooo gross...LOL
Old 03-24-2011, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Beachbound
Here's a picture of Zoey...

aweee what a cutie!
Old 03-24-2011, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Izaquilter
LOL I have one names Itzy (like itzy bitzy spider) cuz they are hairballs running around on the floor! I would NEVER have anything but a yorkie now that I've had 2 of them. My first one was Skoobee & he lived to be 13. I was given this one from a family whose little girl was mistreating him & he is one of the loves of my life. He too doesn't not like body noises! (Doesn't bark) but insists on sleeping under the covers & I don't need to have any warning when some sort of body noise has occurred because out he comes! He doesn't like sneezing or loud noises either. I don't see him eat that often but he sure does love his Milk Bone doggie treats. I sometimes think that is what he lives on! Doesn't like being confined in a crate so we just close our bedroom door when we leave. DH covers his pillows with a quilt before he leaves for work in the morning & it's to keep Itzy off his pillows. NOT, it's like he is making him a tee pee & when I wake up in the morning I have this cute little face peek out at me like "good morning Mom" I just have to start the day with a laugh when I see that. Yorkies can be very possessive if you let them. My Skoobee got to where he wouldn't let DH kiss me good by in the morning, it was funny at first but I had to nip it in the bud & stop it before it got out of hand. Skoobee also was a foot biter. If you would use your foot to scoot him away from the door, he'd bite you. I think he bit everyone in my family & then some! BUT can you imagine how many times they see those feet coming at them to scoot them away? I think I'd bite them too after so many of them coming at me! But Yorkies are the best companions you can ever have. I want a tea cup one but don't have the $$$$ that they cost. It's a shame the prices are up so high that they can't go to families that will really love them........
My hubby couldnt kiss me goodbye either, my male yorkie tried to bite him even though most his teeth were gone!
Old 03-24-2011, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by donnaree59
Originally Posted by bluteddi
just got mom one.. we were told it was a yorkie. the vet told use he is actually a Australian Silky Yorkie... never heard of em.... but a cute little fellow...
My mother had a Silkie (that's the short name they are generally called). His name was Brutus. My mother loved that mean little dog so much that we all referred to him as "our brother Brutus". He was very protective of her after Daddy died and Mama thought he could protect her from anyone! He would never back down! I had him for 4 years after Mama died; when I lost him I went through grieving again since he was such a part of her.

They are good little dogs; slightly bigger than a Yorkie. Brutus was really healthy until he was about 13; he did have hearing problems and then developed heart problems...but he had a good long life. Know you will enjoy yours!
LOL! we called my male Yorkie, demon dog! LOL because of his age 13 years old if you moved him he would try to bite your hands off...he was only that way when he got old!