Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Anyone else still working on taxes? >
  • Anyone else still working on taxes?

• Anyone else still working on taxes?

Old 03-24-2011, 02:29 PM

I lost my forms and information. I got all my stuff together. then left for AZ, well when I got back I found my note to do my taxes but no tax forms. After two weeks of looking I've called and asked for the different forms to be sent again. Maybe my mind just didn't like the idea of doing taxes.
    Old 03-24-2011, 03:51 PM

STILL? We haven't even started yet! But that's typical...we do our own taxes and usually have a crunch weekend right before the 15th. I hate it, but my husband is great at procrastinating.
    Old 03-24-2011, 04:00 PM
    MTS
    Banned

Originally Posted by IT_Nana
    STILL? We haven't even started yet! But that's typical...we do our own taxes and usually have a crunch weekend right before the 15th. I hate it, but my husband is great at procrastinating.
    Annoyingly, the 15th is a Friday this year.
    Which means if you're planning on doing them the weekend before the due date, you lose a whole week in which you could be procrastinating. :wink: :wink:
    Old 03-24-2011, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by MTS
    Originally Posted by IT_Nana
    Annoyingly, the 15th is a Friday this year.
    Which means if you're planning on doing them the weekend before the due date, you lose a whole week in which you could be procrastinating. :wink: :wink:
    Well, we'll probably be finishing them up in the evenings after work. I can't imagine having our taxes paid that far in advance! ;-) I guess that's probably one reason he always procrastinates is that we always have to pay more, even though we both pay quarterly.
    Old 03-24-2011, 04:56 PM

I do ours the 1st or 2nd week in Feb. Basically as soon as I have everything I need. I do them onlinen so it takes forever but I usually efile so I get my refund in a week but if I owe I send it in a couple weeks before it's due. I hate to give them my $$ any sooner than I have to.
    Old 03-24-2011, 05:31 PM

Just got mine done yesterday!!
    Old 03-24-2011, 05:35 PM
    Power Poster

WHat do you mean "still working on"???? We haven't even pulled our stuff together. Usually, we go in a few days before the due date.
    Old 03-24-2011, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by dixiebelle162002
    I hate tax time, so I keep putting it off hoping it will go away. Guess what it never does. I know my accountant hates me because I always show up 2 or 3 weeks before they are due to be turned it. No matter how organized I try to stay it always seems like this massive amount of "stuff" to sort through. Plus it takes time away from my quilting and being on the quilting board! : :evil: :evil: :thumbdown:
    I hear you loud and clear!! After this year, I will only have my own taxes to worry about instead of 2 others, too (3 returns altogether). Yeah!!
    Old 03-24-2011, 06:53 PM

I hate getting everything around. I get my mileage figured out and all my receipts for purchases, and then I have my husband sit with me one evening and go through the list to make sure we have everything. Last year I kept putting it off and we ended up getting a refund. (I haven't got a refund in years). This year I got them in earlier, just in case we get a refund again.
    Old 03-24-2011, 07:18 PM

I just finished ours today. One year I thought I'd get them done right away, worked really hard and got them done and off to our tax people. Well, they sat in their office until three weeks before the due date. I was so upset ,I worked really hard at that, so I made up my mind that I would go back to doing them when I had the time to do them. So ,don't stress out. Just make up your mind and "Get-er-done". Not such a chore.