• Anyone Have a Vegtable garden? >
  • Anyone Have a Vegtable garden?

• Anyone Have a Vegtable garden?

Old 07-05-2010, 08:58 PM

OH YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Old 07-08-2010, 08:18 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by wvdek
    Noticed my Cherry tomatoes are about the size of my big toe. I covered them so the chickens don't get to them before I do. I also planted a yellow squash and a zucchini.
    Can't wait until I eat that first tomato. Ummm, good.

Although not in my garden, picked about 40 # of blueberries in the last two weeks. Blackberries are next to pick.
    Are they the small wild blueberries???????????? They make the besttttttttttttt jam!!!!!!! :-) :-)
    Old 07-08-2010, 08:41 PM

Wild animals getting everything. Beans gone, green peppers look horrible, only apples left are so high deer can't reach. And the squirrels will get those I bet.

But for the first time I'm finally getting concord grapes that I planted at least 5 years ago. Better late than never!
    Old 07-09-2010, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by Beth33
    Wild animals getting everything. Beans gone, green peppers look horrible, only apples left are so high deer can't reach. And the squirrels will get those I bet.

But for the first time I'm finally getting concord grapes that I planted at least 5 years ago. Better late than never!
    Isn't patience a wonderful thing? I gave my husband a red currant bush for his birthday 5 years ago.....this is the first year we have fruit on it!!

Patti
    Old 07-09-2010, 08:36 AM
    Banned

Get garlic cooking spray and spray everything with that. It will keep all the crittters from eating everything including deer.
    Old 07-09-2010, 08:42 AM

Blueberries, green beans and jalepanos are doing well, tomatoes still growing some flowers there. Something got to the squashes and ate the buds off of them and the radishes are gone. Herbs are doing well, besides that everything is growing.
    Old 07-09-2010, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1

Get garlic cooking spray and spray everything with that. It will keep all the crittters from eating everything including deer.
    Thanks!! I'll try that!
    Old 07-09-2010, 04:57 PM
    Power Poster

Harvested my corn crop and put up over 125 ears so far..there are still some out there that weren't quite ready. Squash is just about burned up along with the cucs. The beans aren't bearing well...(my theory is lack of bees because we have tons of blooms...no beans). The tomatoes are producing well..but we will miss a whole round as the heat knocked a bunch of blooms off and they are just now starting back. The okra is just now starting to put on.
    Old 07-09-2010, 07:36 PM
    Banned

It finally rained. It was a down pour this afternoon. The heat dries up the soil so quickly in containers and even though I water twice a day they really needed a good soaking. Tomaotes are looking good, the plants that the tomato worms got to are growing back. It doesn't even look like I had to chop most of the plants back. Eggplants have little babies, can't wait to eat those. Squash has blossoms. DD had banana pepper a few days ago so far they seem to be doing the best. Beet tops are shriveled but the beets look good, still small but growing.

Patty............ my mouth is watering just thinking about a BIG bowl of corn chowder. Could you send some corn my way?????????
    Old 07-10-2010, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
    Harvested my corn crop and put up over 125 ears so far..there are still some out there that weren't quite ready. Squash is just about burned up along with the cucs. The beans aren't bearing well...(my theory is lack of bees because we have tons of blooms...no beans). The tomatoes are producing well..but we will miss a whole round as the heat knocked a bunch of blooms off and they are just now starting back. The okra is just now starting to put on.
    I am so jealous!!! We have had such a wet spring, our corn is only about 8" tall. LOL We will be lucky if we get a feed or two by September!!

Patti