Anyone a member of Curves?

Old 03-26-2012, 02:41 AM

I also go to Planet Fitness for 10.00 a month. Not that I go enough....think I will go tonight.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:48 AM
Banned

I just noticed a couple of days ago that the space where Curves used to be now has some other shop. I have a free membership through my health insurance. Only went once, I have very bad knees and the machines were too hard on them.
I was sorry to see they couldn't make a go of it, they were very nice helpful women.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:36 AM

I live in Northern Ontario in Canada & our Curves closed some months ago & my daughter lives 300 miles south of us & theirs closed last year also. Seems this "condition" is contagious. I believe these outlets that are open 24/7 are hurting places like "Curves". Their hours are sometimes somewhat restrictive & the 24/7 ones are much more convenient to busy life styles & for those who work shift work.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:43 AM

I used to belong but mine wasn't open 24/7. I went for a year and quit and went back for a year and quit. I just hate getting ready, drivng there and then drivng back. it takes up so much time. Now I exercise at home and I don't have to look good.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:20 AM
BMP

Originally Posted by callen
I live in Northern Ontario in Canada & our Curves closed some months ago & my daughter lives 300 miles south of us & theirs closed last year also. Seems this "condition" is contagious. I believe these outlets that are open 24/7 are hurting places like "Curves". Their hours are sometimes somewhat restrictive & the 24/7 ones are much more convenient to busy life styles & for those who work shift work.
I remember when I was a member the one thing that sticks out was it was closed the day before Thanksgiving and the day after but was open only 4 hours that Saturday....that was the norm for holidays. It always seemed strange to me since most of the members were working gals and would have like me wanted to go during those days off from work. Another thing they closed at 7PM and you couldnt start the circuit after 6:30 PM , it didnt always agree with my schedule so I felt I was wasting alot of $ paying for it when I couldnt alwyas make it during the restricted hours they were open. Never open on Sundays either another day I would have like to get a workout in.....I think they did it to themselves with these kinds of hours.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt-Till-U-Wilt
I used to belong but mine wasn't open 24/7. I went for a year and quit and went back for a year and quit. I just hate getting ready, drivng there and then drivng back. it takes up so much time. Now I exercise at home and I don't have to look good.
Other than the bad feet and legs, I agree I hated getting ready to go to Curves. I guess I would feel that way about any of the gyms. I wish we had a Planet fitness, I could afford to go to the gym and not feel guilty if I didn't. The only other gym in our small town is to expensive and out of my budget, so now i'm trying Zumba for wii at home. Eventually I would like to buy the zumba fitness videos, but for now the other will have to do. You still get a pretty good work out.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:49 AM

Smile Love Curves...

I feel so lucky that the Curves I go to is so close... I could actually walk..that might be too much of a commitment for me.. You know what I mean.. Really the important thing is that we get up from our machines and do some walking or any physical activities so we can enjoy our quilting for many more years...

Judy in Phx, AZ
Old 03-26-2012, 12:21 PM

I was a member of Curves and ended up with really bad knees.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:45 PM

I have been a member of three different gyms similar to Curves in the last seven years, and all three of them closed on me with little or no warning, leaving all members in the lurch...with time left on the membership, and no return of money! I guess I'm just unlucky...but I finally wised up and joined the new YMCA that just opened down the road. It's not cheap, but I know it won't close on me!
Old 03-26-2012, 04:23 PM

We have a Curves here but I can go to Snap Fitness for $25.00 a month thru my insurance & it is open 24/7