Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Is anyone watching "Enough Already" >
  • Is anyone watching "Enough Already"

• Is anyone watching "Enough Already"

Old 02-21-2011, 06:15 PM

I saw the beginning. Will watch it again at 11pm. I am watching the bachelor with my daughter and I don't have dvr or tvo.
    Old 02-21-2011, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Colorful Quilter
    A lot of it was sad but the room she ended up with in the end was worth it, she finally has room to play!!!
    The quilt area was nice, but I wouldn't want to be banished to the garage, and I think the living room looked lonely and cold.
    Old 02-21-2011, 06:23 PM

Like ksea said "I lived my life for my kids when they were little, now it's my turn..." My DS married into an extremely close knit family and sometimes I feel guilty because I'm not calling them everyday and involved in every detail of their lives. Makes me think I'm a bad mother, yet I raised my children to be independent and wanted them to grow up and be on their own. I love my children and I know they would never ask me to give up that much quilting stuff for them. I don't know how that woman ever did it.
    Old 02-21-2011, 06:27 PM

I agree with ALL the comments so far! The whole show, I kept saying "How dare they! I bet they are not giving up anything they like to do. Bet they wouldn't like to be bannished to the garage! If they really wanted to spend time with Grandma, come and get her--treat her to something nice!"
    Old 02-21-2011, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by ksea
    Originally Posted by Colorful Quilter
    A lot of it was sad but the room she ended up with in the end was worth it, she finally has room to play!!!
    The quilt area was nice, but I wouldn't want to be banished to the garage, and I think the living room looked lonely and cold.
    I'd LOVE to be 'banished' to THAT GARAGE anytime! :)
    Old 02-21-2011, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Jill
    Like ksea said "I lived my life for my kids when they were little, now it's my turn..." My DS married into an extremely close knit family and sometimes I feel guilty because I'm not calling them everyday and involved in every detail of their lives. Makes me think I'm a bad mother, yet I raised my children to be independent and wanted them to grow up and be on their own. I love my children and I know they would never ask me to give up that much quilting stuff for them. I don't know how that woman ever did it.
    I talk with each one of my children almost every day and I am involved in their lives and my grandchildren lives but just as importantly they are involved in mine. They love me and respect me for who and what I am and I can't imagine anyone of them asking me to give up anything that is important to me as my quilting.
    Old 02-21-2011, 07:10 PM

She could not have possibly known what all was in that house and garage. I couldn't live like that. My sewing room is a mess right now and my stash is not HUGE. I still have more than I can use and don't know all that is here. I will like it better when I go through and weed out some of the stuff.
    I don't feel bad about getting rid of stuff as long as it is going to someone that will use it. It would break my heart for it to go in the garbage. She knew it was going to another donation center so it ended up good.
    Old 02-21-2011, 07:29 PM

Well, I am on the fence about this one.
    Although if my house looked like hers I would die of embarrassment to have anyone come over and see it like that. But then again, that is just me. I keep my sewing room neat at least for now, but we have only lived here for seven months!!! LOL Give me some time. I think her garage looked great at the end, I wish I could have one like that. But if nobody ever came over, or she was comfortable with it, why should her daughter care? If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!!! Maybe after awhile her living room will go back to the way she liked it! She looked kind of shellshocked when it was over! Poor thing.
    Old 02-21-2011, 10:51 PM

The beginning of the show pi***** me off. Her daughter is so out of line! Granted the house was a mess and she was overwhelmed, but if any of my daughters acted that way, well, it would not be good. I did like the ending though. I think the daughter was very selfish!!
    Old 02-21-2011, 11:09 PM

No one at any time asked her to give up the quilting that she obviously loves. And she chose the garage to move to - I hardly saw it as them banishing her to the garage.

She does share their home with her husband and he said he'd had enough. She simply let it get out of control - "God Love Her"!

I saw the role of this daughter as the one telling mom that Dad and the grand kids missed her. You can't allow holding on to old memories prevent you from living now and from making new memories.

I can relate to the daughter. My husband held on to so much stuff from his parents that we had no room to live our own lives. We have finally dwindled it down, but it has taken over 25 years, piece by piece to get him to part with it. Granny's eyeglasses, Dads work boots. An entire 2 car garage plus some, to the rafters we have moved for 20 years across the country. What a constant burden. Thank goodness Hurricane Katrina helped a whole lot.

My mother is a hoarder. It's an illness! She doesn't realize she traded her entire family for a house full of "stuff" she'll never need or use. We stopped going to her house several years ago. She misses the visitors, but not enough to get rid of the stuff. That daughter was not being selfish... she could just as easily stay away - it only hurts grandma and grandpa though...

And it isn't safe to live with all that clutter. Do you think it would have been easy to get a gurney in there to retrieve them if something were to happen? Us daughters worry about that too...