Apologies

Old 03-23-2011, 12:32 PM

echo please don't go....lets all just move past this and get back to what we all like to do best....sew and chit chat...we all have a right to our opinions but sometimes us humans read more into it than we should, hence the hurt feelings...we all make mistakes, lets all give echo a hug so she will stay with us...

((((HUGS)))
Old 03-23-2011, 12:42 PM

Remember our ancestors,they used what they had.Were they wrong?
Old 03-23-2011, 12:43 PM

Big Hugs, Echo! (((HUGS))) I learned a lot from the thread you started. I kind of skip over posts that are snippy or defensive. I had heard of people using sheets for backing but had not thought to try it myself. Now I know why some like to use them and some don't. I always like to pick each fabric (including backing) for my quilts, but I like to make patch quilts and string quilts and will consider using sheets to back those... So, here's one who learned a lot from the thread....
Old 03-23-2011, 01:44 PM
Power Poster

Don't stop posting. If you haven't figured it out, in all the posts I read, half the people think one way and half the people think another. That goes for quilting suggestions, to block suggestions, border suggestion. Everyone thinks there opinions is the correct way to go.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:46 PM

hugs, echobluff! I had read the first part of the other thread. It was an interesting discussion & covered several points to think about. I'm glad you started that thread.

I just went & read the whole thing. Comments may have got just a tad too teechish, but it did not look to me like you got chewed up too bad.

;) I hope you stay on & keep posting. I'm sensitive myself, so I do understand!

Everyone's opinion is worth something. The various points of view & experiences of each of us brings value to the DB.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:06 PM

So sorry that you had a negative experience on the board ... it is the exception rather than the rule.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:09 PM

Please don't take it personally, I didn't it as criticizing.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:12 PM

Don't take it personally! Everyone has their opinions and some may seem to be critical but probably don't mean to be and those that do mean to be can be ignored. There are many, many kind and wonderful ladies and men on this board, give them all another chance. They are all so very helpful! You will really love it here!
Old 03-23-2011, 02:13 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by SueDor
Don't stop posting. If you haven't figured it out, in all the posts I read, half the people think one way and half the people think another. Everyone thinks there opinions is the correct way to go.
yep. that's even true when we can't make up our minds. :lol:
Old 03-23-2011, 02:15 PM

I just read it as 'your opinion' and there is nothing wrong with that. I never thought of using sheets and I don't know if I will. But I definitively do not like people who critisize you ( and in a rude way) because you wrote how you think about it.
As far as I know we all have a right to make up our own minds and I saw nowhere that you put others down.

Just keep posting please, don't let your fun be spoiled by a few.