Apologies

Old 03-23-2011, 04:17 PM

We have all said things that can be interpeted wrong. No one is perfect, don't worry about someone else's opinion. Hang in there. :)
Old 03-23-2011, 04:36 PM
Power Poster

Please don't stop posting. I was slammed on this board twice - but - that's their problem!!! I'm still here. I hope you will be too.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:42 PM

I think this has been a very good topic. I've learned about using sheets and what to look for, if I use one. Now, if you want to meet the quilt police, go to the LQS near me. They have the most beautiful fabrics, but I won't go there because I've been insulted more than once, while shopping there.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:59 PM

I read the post when posted and did not have a reply. I have not used a sheet as of yet, but most likely I will. Many times opinions are just that... opinions. We all have one and we also know that you cannot argue anothers opinion. To say your way is the only way, only raises eyebrows.

I believe everyone here on the board are fine people and give wonderful advice. If the advice or teachings are taken in, all is good, if it is something you don't necessary feel you would do, then of course you will do it your way.

That's what so wonderful here, you can learn, make mistakes and still belong to a great quilting group.

Happy quilting :)
Old 03-23-2011, 05:29 PM

I personally have not used sheets for backing but I know people who have run on hard times and still wanted to quilt and went to goodwill and bought sheets to use. I told my husband that if it came down to it I would cut up my clothes if I couldnt afford fabric so I could quilt lol. The bottom line is a quilter, no matter which way we decide to make things we are still quilters and whatever we make should be loved no matter the thread count, the quality of the batting, ect.. but no I thought you first post was fine!We are all different and on different budgets or just simply prefer a different way of doing things but we all need to remember to " Be Kind" and I am sorry if someone on here was not kind-- that is defeintly not a fruit of the spirit. God Bless I hope you feel better!
Old 03-23-2011, 05:37 PM

Don't apologize. To each their own. If I'm giving a quilt, I'll put a nice backing on it. For my personal quilts and wall hangings, I use muslin or a sheet. I know how much fabric I can buy just by not spending the money for a backing that will rarely be seen. Yards of fabric for a backing vs. yards of fabric for a top-yeah, I'll do it my way.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:09 PM

Isn't it too bad that we cannot hear inflections in posts!!!LOL
Maybe the people who were not so nice we having a bad day, and they needed to vent a little and happened to choose your topic to do it in.
I read all the posts and only a couple of them were not so nice, but basically out of all five pages of posts it was a very interesting place to be.
I have never used a sheet for backing, but I am definitely thinking about it. I use polyester batting, and it works for me. If we all thought the same about every subject, think how boring this place would be.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:17 PM

I have had a couple of people respond rudely to me and I felt the same way as you. In fact, I quit the weight loss thread because of it. But there are hundreds more that are amazing and wonderful, so I stay. I just kind of steer clear of those two people. Please stay:-)
Old 03-23-2011, 10:17 PM

Keep posting girl. It's them, not you.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:37 AM

There are always a couple of crabs in the lobster pot.....I think. Don't worry about them. The majority here is easy going and accepting.
I really don't know if crabs inhabit lobster pots.....I just couldn't think of another analogy.