Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • April 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! >
  • April 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

• April 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

Old 04-29-2012, 11:28 AM

http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...ml#post5180221

Here is the link to sign up for May's weight loss journey.

For April, I have not lost any weight nor did I gain weight. I am staying the same. But I have lost inches. Will see what happens in May. Hopefully for the birthday I will be down 5 lbs in May.
    Old 04-29-2012, 02:11 PM

ladies,

remember I no longer will have the po box starting may 1st. private message me for my address.

Good luck
    Old 04-29-2012, 07:10 PM

There is no question that I love my granddaughter dearly. Is that why I agreed to do this dress? I am on my second complete bodice. The first one looked too big. This one also looks too big, but I'm at such a strange place with the fitting. The sample never arrived in Albuquerque or at least never made to my DGD. It's been a while since I dealt with boning and lining and tulle crinolines. I want in the mail at noon Tuesday and I'm only on step 17 of 48.

My weight is headed the wrong way. I can't figure out why it's all the map, mostly upward, but with enough drops to keep me confused. Grrr.

Cindy, I'm pleased you are backing off your work schedule. I assume you've had the ribs checked by your doctor?? You can work on the purple quilt. It shouldn't be too heavy yet.

I wonder who this month's winner is. I know my weight will do better next month when I can work outside because there's so much to do that I don't have time to snack continuously.

Eat clean, drink your water and keep moving. Sounds easy enough. The last two are and I am working on the first.

I am losing weight and getting healthier.
    Old 04-30-2012, 01:04 AM

i've lost 6lbs this month, and seriously considering re-joining ww. those of you who did the women's world diet, how did you like it? and what were your results? i've sent you may's fq, cindy. i am signing on for may. i turn 61. maybe this is the year i get healthier! good luck everyone!
    i've attached some pictures of my latest projects. the 1st is a dq which i wanted to be bargello, but i think it's really around the world. the squares are 0.75" the fish is a mugrug for the round mug rug swap.
    Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg   010.jpg   012.jpg  

Last edited by nancia; 04-30-2012 at 01:11 AM.
    Old 04-30-2012, 03:05 AM

Nancia I did the womens world diet. While I did lose 7 pounds in a week I found the one I did too restricting. The one I had left me almost no choices. If I had chicken I had to have certain side dishes etc. I like variety and choices. I cook for the family every night and the choices I had were boring. I couldn't stay on it for any lengthy period of time. I know some of their diets allow more choices. We communicated by email and they were very helpful. They answered any questions I had quickly. I did receive my check for $175 which I spent on fabric though, so it was worth it. YOu could give it a try.
    Old 04-30-2012, 07:43 AM

nancia, your bargello is lovely. I can't imagine sewing with such small squares. The fish mugrug is adorable. You have such a good eye for color. Congratulations on losing the 6 pounds, but did you have to send to me?

Today is crunch time on the dress. 35 pieces become one. It's rather like making a quilt. I have enjoyed it enough that I bought a dress pattern for me last week, but I didn't buy any extra time. How do I fit garment sewing in with quilting, gardening and all the 'regular' stuff? Give up the QB? Ha! Give up housework? I think I already have. Give up working on the wedding dress gala? Nah, too much fun, but I wish my group was on dresses, not food. The dress group was oohing and aahing yesterday about a 1939 dress with a huge train. The woman who wore it originally is still active. My 3rd daughter has her dress from her second wedding. A Jessica McClinock pattern - ivory reembroidered lace over satin with medallions and a tea length hankerchief hem. I love that dress and could fit into it. It's two sizes bigger than the one I delivered yesterday, it's not going to happen. I make too many jokes about 'aging bridesmaids' to dress like one. The pink one is from 1990 and still gorgeous. People who saw it come in thought I was going to model it - yeah, right, it's a size 8.

The Women's World diets are different every week - if you don't like one, wait a week. There are so many ways to achieve the same results. I think it would fun to be one of the participants. If I ever see an ad for a last ten pound diet, I'm in. (15 now.)

Off to take my bath and start sewing, but first I will go my fitness pal and plan my day. I said that last week, didn't, and gained. Time to get real here. It's raining so I get a day's reprieve on working outside. Yay!! Luckily, I walked the dogs a long way yesterday so if I have to shorten today's, they will survive.

I am losing weight and getting healthier.
    Old 04-30-2012, 09:06 AM

Edit: My weight was down four pounds overnight. It really has been all over the place this month.
    Old 04-30-2012, 09:38 PM

Hi all. I will try to get on the scale tomorrow morning. It is hard to do with not being able to step on that foot at all. But My guess is I have only lost 3-5 lbs. I will be in again for May.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
    Old 05-03-2012, 06:40 PM

Default announcing the winner

I am waiting a response from who I believe is the winner from the private messages I have received.

The winner will be announce around 3 pm tomorrow.

Congrats to all who have lost even 1/2 lb. keep up your hard work.
    Old 05-03-2012, 08:56 PM

I hope I'm not too late. Computer not cooperating. I'm in for May