Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • April weight loss challenge >
  • April weight loss challenge

• April weight loss challenge

Old 04-15-2015, 07:44 PM
    Power Poster

I did good yesterday, and so far today. I have to eat little meals, but more of them over the span of the day. It works better for me keeping my hunger away. I have days though that I eat a full meal, and then have the 3.

Meanmom those goodies at school sound yummy, but it's a great thing when we can learn to say what you did about tomorrow back on the wagon. I always say that we might not lose for that one day if we go over, but we usually don't gain either when we go right back on the wagon. If I could just do that all the time, I would do good.
    Old 04-16-2015, 08:06 AM

Well...thought i would update.....we have been VERY good this week - DH using the Nutrisystem box and me doing my WW faithfully. I know i've mentioned that i usually only weigh myself on the first and last day of the month - otherwise i tend to get too discouraged......but we both weighed ourselves Monday morning when we got up....and again this morning -- he's lost 3 pounds and i've lost 2. He has 1 more day of the NS plan stuff....but WW frozen meals were on sale yesterday so bought enough for about 4 days for both of us. I walked a bit Tues and Weds...and of course he rides his bike every day.
    Anyway...i am VERY excited and motivated --- and just wanted to share.
    Old 04-16-2015, 08:20 AM

I have been able to walk 1 mile and keep my calories under 1200 for the past 3 days. Hoping to lose at least 1 lbs this week. Even if I don't I know that the walking is good for me and its so nice out right now.
    Old 04-17-2015, 08:57 AM
    Power Poster

PenniF that is great news for you and hubby.

heart of Dixiie you also have great news.

I can say that my motivation is going well. It's been a long time since I had any.

Have a great day everyone, and so much encouragement on here.
    Old 04-19-2015, 07:50 PM

It sounds like you are having a good month, JuneBillie.

I have to go out to eat twice tomorrow. Help me remember it's about the company, not the food!
    Old 04-20-2015, 04:46 AM

Life is unfair. No way around it. This weekend I went to the bridal shower for my son and his fiance. I didn't eat any of the lovely cake or cupcakes...not one gorgeous chocolate covered strawberry. I had raw fresh veggies and a piece of cheese and unsweetened tea. I have not cheated, not even once since January and again, the scale didn't budge. How can this be? I am stubborn though, and I WILL outlast this plateau, I will!
    Old 04-20-2015, 05:20 AM

Wow, coffeegirl, that really isn't fair. How many calories are you eating? If you cut them too low your body can go into starvation mode. Then it will hang on to every calorie you eat.
    Old 04-20-2015, 08:44 AM

I feel your pain, coffeegirl. I have run into the same problem! But Pam has given some good advice. I use myfitnesspal.com and it reminds me if my calories are too low. It's VERY windy here in upstate NY today, and trees are falling on the electric lines all over town. I may have to skip my walk today
    Old 04-20-2015, 11:36 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by coffeegirl
    Life is unfair. No way around it. This weekend I went to the bridal shower for my son and his fiance. I didn't eat any of the lovely cake or cupcakes...not one gorgeous chocolate covered strawberry. I had raw fresh veggies and a piece of cheese and unsweetened tea. I have not cheated, not even once since January and again, the scale didn't budge. How can this be? I am stubborn though, and I WILL outlast this plateau, I will!
    You go coffee girl! Atleast no gain! It is though loosing when we get older. If possible add exercise or more. I am cheering you on.
    Old 04-20-2015, 04:06 PM

coffeegirl, maybe it's time for a cheat day. When I was losing weight, I had a cheat day every five to seven days. That way my metabolism was tricked not to adjust to the calorie reduction and slow down. Not to go crazy with junk food, just larger amounts of the good stuff, including a dessert if dessert is your drug of choice. For me, knowing I can have a cheat day every week helps cut down on the feelings of being deprived. I need to rejoin y'all for a while because my weight is creeping back up. It's time to put a stop to it.